BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Gents over at Rogue Engineering did the Diablo exhaust install on my e60 M5 today; it's siiiiiiiiiiick:grinyes:!!!!! I'll keep all informed of the gains (Yes, there are gains) from the new can setup over the next couple of days. Ripped some back roads up an hour back and had a smile from ear to ear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haslsrr7TTs

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry, doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
It sounded too soft on the video.

Reactions: Yumemaru

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It sounded too soft on the video.

I'll post up another video with my cam. I'll do couple runs on some flats; my run in the video wasn't that great cause I lost her for a spit sec between 1 and 2, had to blip the trottle to straigten her out and slow down before I ran out of road and hit the railing which would explain the lower output towards then end of the video. It's lighter hearted in the lower revs but screams in the 4000+. It's a subtler scream, not a meister/e-race type of "growl." Honestly, everyone has the Eisen setups; I had the e-sport setup, sold it, and now have the e-race setup sitting in my closet. Don't get me wrong; it has a great note but I wanted something different. I wanted an exhaust that wasn't as flamboyant when I go to the grocery store but shouts when I hit the pedal. I saw the prototype video from a year back for the Rogue setup on youtube and decided to go that route; I've only had the setup for less than a day but am happier with the RE choice. To each his own on how they want their exhaust note to sound. Besides, I'm more of a performance guy; the weight reduction and increased throttle response in the higher rev's is exactly what I wanted. The e-race ovals are nice looking but the larger RE tips fill that dreaded gap in the rear just as well imho. Not to phuck anyone up with a visual but I get a chubby with my setup :haha: This setup may not be for everyone but it's definitely for me.:hihi:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Intro Buy Opportunity

I just got off the phone with Ben over at Rogue Engineering; he's offerring the exhaust at a killer price: $1,299.00 plus shipping (shipping shouldn't be to bad as the cans weigh a combined 40lbs and packaging would probably be another 10-15lbs). At that price the exhausts are going to fly!!!!!!! He and Mark are updating the site with install pics and I will be taking some more videos of my car with the exhaust. I'm not a sales person for RE nor do I get kick back from said sales; I'm blasting them out because they've got a killer product. I'm going to get my m5 dyno'd either this weekend or the next. I have my baseline, I want to see where the RE puts me.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RE_EX

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I just heard the exhuast from this computer and it sounded alot better than from last time which was from a another computer. Go figure!

I had my eyes on the active autowerke exhaust but this sounds as good.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Is that with the x pipe or not ? do you have the price and weight saving for the total cat-back ? I believe the stock weigh in at 120 lbs.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Very nice. I like the fact that it is different (in tone) than everything esle out there. We have to plan a NY dinner soon so I can hear it in person!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. I like the fact that it is different (in tone) than everything esle out there. We have to plan a NY dinner soon so I can hear it in person!
Thanks Andrew! I'm always hungry so let me know and I'll put something together!:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how is the cabin noise with your exhaust?
Not bad at all; no droning effect and I can hold a conversation just as I did before the change out. It's at the higher rev's that it's at it's best; deep and throaty (kinda like my ex-grilfriend)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for your input on the exhaust.
How would you rate the loudness in comparison to Dinan?
I'm considering getting the Corsa exhaust for the no drone advertisement, but by the time that comes out, my lease would be up. :blabla:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for your input on the exhaust.
How would you rate the loudness in comparison to Dinan?
I'm considering getting the Corsa exhaust for the no drone advertisement, but by the time that comes out, my lease would be up. :blabla:
Louder than Dinan at higher rev's; the can design and exhaust tip output is totally different. They've managed to rid the droning/ and the "bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb" not as noticeable when idling. I wish I had some time to rig the camera to the rear diffuser; going to try this weekend. I heard the corsa exhaust some time back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZfIxjyritg

I feel the that RE has a "cleaner" sound.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts