• Rogue Exhaust

Votes: 6 54.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning ahead here...

Any M5 I buy will probably need new suspension. Fine. I plan on ordering some BC Racing coilovers (read some good reviews, and they're quite inexpensive) and replacing the other rubber bits as well. When that's all said and done, I'll have about $1500 left in my "fun budget."

Note: When I say "Fun Budget" - I don't mean "I only have $1500 and won't have any money for repairs." I mean, I have $1500 i can spend on something else, and still have plenty left over for repairs.

So let's assume that other than the coilovers, the car is stock. Do I:

1) Buy a Rogue Engineering Diablo exhaust and throw that on (about $1200).

or

2) Buy some Linea Corse LM Reps and slap the current tires on them (about $1300), and maybe remove the mufflers. Please note that the real LM's are a bit too pricey for me, and I'm not interested in dropping 4k for wheels.

If I could do both I would, but I don't want to go over-budget. Also, I want to keep the "european V8" sound of the car...so I don't want an exhaust that sounds too raspy and American. If the Rogue or muffler-delete would push me too far in that direction, let me know.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
First of all....why are you assuming any M5 you find will need new suspension?

Second of all....

Neither. You're way ahead of yourself.

Buy the car first. I can almost guarantee you that money will be well spent on necessary and/or preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all....why are you assuming any M5 you find will need new suspension?

Second of all....

Neither. You're way ahead of yourself.

Buy the car first. I can almost guarantee you that money will be well spent on necessary and/or preventative maintenance.

Just humor me.

I have a sizable preventative maintenance fund. This is my play fund. it's separate, as noted above.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
^^What they said.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Performance before cosmetics IMO.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I mean, either way - it's just an exhaust. That's not really "performance" to me.
You sound as if you know what you're doing. No need for advice from us.

BUT, for the sake of making a choice, #2. Hands down. ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Exhaust

I mean, either way - it's just an exhaust. That's not really "performance" to me.
I hear you. The biggest advantage with the exhaust is the weight savings. I took about 85 pounds out of my car with the full setup.

Also, sick wheels are always a good idea. I realize that this doesn't help.

·
Registered
295 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Stock wheels are awesome. Don't under estimate them! You're getting coilovers, so they'll look even better with the available drop. Get the exhaust; the sound is very appreciable.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When looking at Linea Corse wheels, also keep in mind the roads in your area. On my current set, I have one wheel with a bent lip and another with 2 cracks in it. This is with 15k miles of driving, and I am very cautious about avoiding potholes (although recent weather in socal has made that particularly difficult). Based on my experience, although they look great, I would not recommend these wheels. I will likely go back to the OEM.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
How much were those? They are sick....if I could afford them, which I can't at the moment, I'd buy them from you right now.
I think new they are 1000 shipped? Plus 800$ for tires(ventus v12s)

I would be asking 1400$ prolly, havnt really thought about it too much.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I think new they are 1000 shipped? Plus 800$ for tires(ventus v12s)

I would be asking 1400$ prolly, havnt really thought about it too much.

No complaints with them?

What are the real shortcomings compared to genuine BBS LM's?

·
Registered
722 Posts
No complaints with them?

What are the real shortcomings compared to genuine BBS LM's?
weight ...they are a few lbs heavier but i mean its not a big deal

Honestly i think these are the best LM reps out there, so far so good, i have zero complaints.

Maybe when im super duper rich ill get REAL LMs...but these are good for now...also another reason i like these is because if i curb them, i wont cut my wrist...lol...

Im the type that replaces a plastic piece if i broke it even tho it doesnt do anything...so if i curbed some 5k wheels..i dunno what i would do, these are the best alternative...

Comapred to LCs, i dunno WHAT it is..but the front wheel of the LCs looks weird as hell to me, thats why i opted out for these, and they are a tad bit cheaper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts