BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening to evetybody here i'm new and i have new rod bearings in bmw with oem.i'done only 139 km,so it's too early to say something.my m6 have 103k km what do you think?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Completely up to you. Like myself, it's more of the "preventative maintenance", route that I chose. Also, I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle, and cannot speak for the previous driving habits. Cheap insurance for a very expensive to replace. Just my opinion. :)
Thanks.. N

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly,i'm the second user but my rod bearing were almost gone.Fortunatly i've got another engine from my previous m6 with only 65000km and for this i'll put racing rod bearings and racing bolts from Lang competition

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, that's cool. I don't have a spare S85 sitting around in my garage. My indy shop highly discouraged me from the OEM bearings, due to the clearance issues, and lack of lubrication etc, etc. So I went with BE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that's cool. I don't have a spare S85 sitting around in my garage. My indy shop highly discouraged me from the OEM bearings, due to the clearance issues, and lack of lubrication etc, etc. So I went with BE.
Oem rod bearings are ok,all depend how to use the car,the engine needs a accurately warm up,so the oil 10w60 can lubricate every single part.how many km do you have done before to rev high?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oem rod bearings are ok,all depend how to use the car,the engine needs a accurately warm up,so the oil 10w60 can lubricate every single part.how many km do you have done before to rev high?
Did you do the bearing swap yourself, or your local shop. I am sure there’s some good Pro’s near you, or even in Corsica, with the awesome twisty roads that they have.
I received a report that Olbia will be closed for a month or so. Hope to get back there sometime soon. 🇮🇹.. N

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've read BMW changed the bearing design somewhere in 2007-2008. Is this true? Anyone know what production date they made the change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes bmw change quality of rod bearings and no i made the work in bmw.but the real problem of rod bearings of yhe s85 does not exist if u're 1st owner and do a correct warm up of the engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you do the bearing swap yourself, or your local shop. I am sure there’s some good Pro’s near you, or even in Corsica, with the awesome twisty roads that they have.
I received a report that Olbia will be closed for a month or so. Hope to get back there sometime soon. 🇮🇹.. N
I wait for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts