BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Board.

I got my Rod Bearings done at S & V auto repair in Pomona, CA. ( sandvautorepair.com ) Came highly recommended from a very well known member here. :cool: They did a great job, and were honest about the whole process and total $ was very reasonable. The main mech owns an e39 M5 and is very knowledgeable, Lane was great as well. Anyway on to the pics. Bearings are at 100k miles, tops were worn, but not so much at the bottom.

RK Supercharger - Mainly did the bearings because of this. I plan on running Meth once I see how everything goes once installed. Thanks Jamie for answering my 100 questions. :thumbsup: Customer service here is pretty top notch.

How my M5 sits right now. It's pretty low. I got my fenders rolled and my plastic cut so I don't rub. 15mm up front to clear the ST's. on a square setup. Ill update this thread on how my M5 turns out. Any questions, hit me up! thanks for looking

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I'm glad you bounced back from the incident at GMR so quickly. Can't wait to see this done.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild guess that "GMR" stands for some Mountain Run? Cooling and paint work, umm... Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna take a wild guess that "GMR" stands for some Mountain Run? Cooling and paint work, umm... Good luck with the project!
Correct! Uhh.. Thank you! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Car looks great.

If you'd like to share why don't you do a breakdown of the cost of the rod bearings and labor.

Now I'm curious about this GMR, which I can only assume is some really badass mountain road somewhere around Glendora with lots of turns.

·
Registered
72 Posts
GMR = glendora mountain road
the main section is about 9.2 miles of average 6-7% incline that includes a good amount of corners. after the incline it breaks off into two directions. i love riding this section on my road bike (specialized tarmac). sad that im living in new york for another 2 years. car back in cali still.

·
Registered
353 Posts
LOL

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k0hObkoimmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok well I'm off to the EAS dyno! Going to see what I'm putting down. Finally broke in the supercharger. Ill post a video of it getting dyno'd today.

On a side note, no surprise here but I absolutely destroyed my buddy's e92 M3 this morning after work. Just wanted to share that :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's 91 degrees over here in Anaheim and my air intake temps went as high as 120 degrees. Best run was the last one at 477.68 whp and 409.08 wtq this was consistent with the first run will post proof when I'm home not bad for a hot day

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
ayyy whats up twin :cheers:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yikes, I don't think you're supposed to see the copper on those bearings. The ones next to it were well on their way too. Looks like that one spun? How'd the crank look?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't forget to send me that dyno file with AFR's so we can tweak your tune if needed.
Will do, I have to get the file from EAS they only gave me a printout but they saved my file. Ill send when I get it. Thank you

With that being said. I believe my next step is to get my meth kit hooked up:haha: and run my car on a cooler day. I was in 91 F traffic for 30 mins plus when I got there we did the runs. I believe it was heat soaked. So after I send RK my file they tweak and I will dyno again, except ill be running meth and hopefully the whether will have cooled down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yikes, I don't think you're supposed to see the copper on those bearings. The ones next to it were well on their way too. Looks like that one spun? How'd the crank look?
Believe it or not everything was fine it barely knocked when it started but as soon as it came i got them replaced right away

:eek:oohhh: holy rod bearings batman!
hiha

·
Registered
663 Posts
Stock clutch?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
wtf is the update here lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I've been running stage 1 for around 2000 miles now and it's been bulletproof so far. I have my meth kit but I'm getting that installed this weekend with the hommie :). I'm going to be needing an upgraded clutch because mine now slips due to the extra power. Looks like those DXD Southbend clutches are pretty tough, thinking stage 3. Either that or a uuc v12 setup.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts