BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am itching to get out on a drive and really bummed I couldn't make //M-Fest. I think we need to start putting together a Colorado Drive and perhaps 1-day event. I'm not very familliar with the best driving roads in the state so I welcome input on that.

How about something like a drive up to Stanley Hotel with an overnight stay and bar takeover then a drive the following day.

Chime in and let me know if you guys would be interested in an event like that or would rather just meet in the morning and spend the day earning your next set of tires.

Knave :M5launch:

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm going to be buying an M5 very soon... hopefully this weekend if everything goes right. I've narrowed my search down to 2 cars and both are in Dallas so I'd have to fly down there and drive it back.

Anyways... I'd definitely be up for some car meets, drives, etc this summer once I get my car.

Take it easy,
J

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm going to be buying an M5 very soon... hopefully this weekend if everything goes right. I've narrowed my search down to 2 cars and both are in Dallas so I'd have to fly down there and drive it back.

Anyways... I'd definitely be up for some car meets, drives, etc this summer once I get my car.

Take it easy,
J
Good luck with your car hunting. Looking forward to see you in an M5 during one of our meets:cheers:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK - just to recap:

May 17th, same route as Fall drive which was:

New BMW Drooling at CO BMW Center with Bagels and Coffee then
14 out of Fort Collins to Walden (Lunch) and then
125 South for a quick speed limiter check then
40 South down through Winter Park to
I70 then...home...whichever way that might be for you.

1. M5CCIE
2. Knave (& LadyKnave)
3. KPhillips (I signed him up)

·
Registered
683 Posts
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

OK - just to recap:

May 17th, same route as Fall drive which was:

New BMW Drooling at CO BMW Center with Bagels and Coffee then
14 out of Fort Collins to Walden (Lunch) and then
125 South for a quick speed limiter check then
40 South down through Winter Park to
I70 then...home...whichever way that might be for you.

1. M5CCIE
2. Knave (& LadyKnave)
3. KPhillips (I signed him up)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Weekend is currently open, so count me in.

And yes, I still have that video from our Fall Drive, just haven't posted it yet.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Weekend is currently open, so count me in.

And yes, I still have that video from our Fall Drive, just haven't posted it yet.
Cool, glad you could make it :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wish... spending this much time from my family doesn't leave room for long drives like this. I still need to get my shocks/springs on. Car is in the body shop now getting a shopping cart mishap fixed.. [email protected] Wal mart!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like I'm out. I'm double booked with instructor training in the morning, then off to Street Survival in the afternoon.

Have a fun, safe drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unfortunately I checked my schedule and I will not be able to attend the May 17th drive.

I don't know how committed everyone is to the date, but I know there is a Rocky Mountain Chapter BMW CCA spring drive taking place on Saturday, May 24th.

If we moved our GTG to meet in conjunction with this event it would be even better to drive with fellow BMW owners of all varieties and a strong M5 turnout would no doubt enrich the event as a whole.

Either way, I would like to drive with some local M5s sometime soon. Any thoughts on moving the dates to work in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain BMW CCA spring drive?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm up for rescheduling to get more people involved. Plus I'm insanely busy just at the moment myself.

Not sure we would really want to tie this to another BMW club event....since our "event" is of an unofficial nature I think we can get away with a bit more sportiness without those who feel they are in positions of responsibility feeling the need to remind all to obey posted traffic laws :nono:....which they should do.

K

·
Registered
686 Posts
Knave...I saw you put your car for sale...

I thinking the same thing, but now that prices have dropped so low...it's not worth selling it to me anymore.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm up for rescheduling to get more people involved. Plus I'm insanely busy just at the moment myself.

Not sure we would really want to tie this to another BMW club event....since our "event" is of an unofficial nature I think we can get away with a bit more sportiness without those who feel they are in positions of responsibility feeling the need to remind all to obey posted traffic laws :nono:....which they should do.

K
I agree, as at this point it appears there are just 2-3 of us that could do it. Let's revisit this for June or another month or?

Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts

I understand not wanting to lose autonomy over your event, which we would surely do by merging it with the RMC spring drive. Nonetheless, I think it would be a great event for us to attend, perhaps not as a replacement for a M5 only GTG, but as a supplement?

I agree, as at this point it appears there are just 2-3 of us that could do it. Let's revisit this for June or another month or?
I agree, since most members are preoccupied for the planned event on May 17th, I am also in support of rescheduling in order for more of us to attend. We need to decide on a better date in order to allow for more of us to participate. Any date suggestions?

So in summary, it looks like we are going to reschedule the M5 only drive for a better date? This is not my event, so I just want to confirm that.

Additionally, I would like to invite anyone interested to attend the BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter Spring Drive taking place on Saturday, May 24th. Information about the event can be found here (May 2008 newsletter, page 16);

MotorSport Report Chapter Newsletter Archives

I contacted the coordinator of this event, and all that is required of non-CCA members is to sign a waiver to participate in this event.

This event would not replace our M5 drive, but I am just throwing it out there as a fun upcoming supplemental event.

Take care, let me know your thoughts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts