BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robb Report Car of the Year 2008: No. 12 BMW M6 Convertible

Gregory Anderson, Paul Dean and Marco R. della Cava

Downshifted. To anyone who has driven BMW’s M6 Convertible, it may come as a surprise that the car is available with a manual transmission. However, judging from the judges’ comments, the 7-speed sequential manual gearbox (SMG), which acts like an...

http://www.robbreport.com/archived-issues/current-issue/default.aspx

·
Registered
192 Posts
Robb Report Car of the Year 2008: No. 12 BMW M6 Convertible

Gregory Anderson, Paul Dean and Marco R. della Cava

Downshifted. To anyone who has driven BMW’s M6 Convertible, it may come as a surprise that the car is available with a manual transmission. However, judging from the judges’ comments, the 7-speed sequential manual gearbox (SMG), which acts like an...

http://www.robbreport.com/archived-issues/current-issue/default.aspx
are you serious??? I can't believe......:sad3:

·
Registered
836 Posts
R8 over 599...CL63 over SLR...puzzling

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Low crappy ranking by stodgy RR. They obviously put more emphasis on cost and luxury than performance. I'm not surprised. The exclusivity and performance and cost should have put the M6 in the top 5 for sure! These guys are smoking!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
read that article on the plane the other day, I am not really surprised. There is a learning curve with the SMG, we all know that. Each driver only had a half hour behind the wheel of each car, so it really isnt a surprise that they did not get a good handle on the M6. One of the drivers was actually talking about how the car shifts too late for him, somebody really needed to tell them you need to shift yourself.

·
Banned
481 Posts
R8 is car of the year? Come on, yes the design is fresh but the thing costs 120k and will be out performed by a BMW M3 sporting DCT. Their list is completely superficial. A 599 coming in behind an R8 is insanity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts