BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2000 km servicing performed last Wednesday and left the following morning to a lake "resort town" about 250 miles from Vancouver named Kelowna. Hot weather, good boating, great golf, fabulous night life and of course...a wide-open alpine toll highway.

The speed limit is 110 km/h but few people regard it (although cops are everywhere...my Bel paid for itself within an hour and a half).

Came up on a bottleneck of cars in the fast lane at about 140. There's a hotshot in front of me in an 86(?) burgundy 911 cabrio with big mags and his girlfriend riding shotgun.

Everyone eventually moves aside except this guy, who in fact slows down a bit. Not one to instigate, I slide over to the right and start to creep by.

He accelerates abruptly and closes the gap between himself and the car (way) in front of him. NOBODY gets in front of THIS guy...he OWNS this road.

"I hope this a&%hole thinks I'm driving a 528," I said to my golf buddy. I slide behind him again, waited for the same situation then drilled down to 3rd gear.

I pulled right slowly and began to creep. He tried to close the gap again but got a big surprise. I hit 210 km/h as I passed the car in front of him!

He raced to catch up and we again compared passing power. This time, to rub it in his face, my buddy rolled down his passenger window and waved "bye bye!" We laughed our heads off and my cap flew out of my sunroof LOL!!!!

He pulled over into the right lane and stopped bugging everybody.

Immensely satisfying!!!!!!!!!!

Alps

P.S. Keep right except to pass!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great post!!!!
Nothing against Porsche drivers in particular but for drivers like you've described deserves it

Hey, I didn't know they raise the speed limit to 110km/h. On the East coast, we are still talking and talking and no one should exceed 100km/h

BrianC

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian, the toll highway is named the Coquihalla highway and is the only roadway in BC (to my knowledge) that has a 110 limit. Most of our portion of the Trans-Canada is 100, if not 90.

The Coquihalla is a pretty stunning drive with high mountain passes, big sweeping turns and great mountain scenery. Just don't drive it in the winter and bring a radar detector.

Last summer a guy spent the night in jail and had his 993 confiscated for being clocked at 240.
http://www.bchighway.com/coqrates/

Alps

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Ooops, one night in jail?

Read yesterday that the illegal "speeding" record in Norway was broken by a bike, 215 km/h. He had is licence confiscated for 10 years. YES; TEN YEARS! Unbeleivable.

The "record" in Sweden is 225 km/h, by a BMW 750 iL. He declared for the polices that "He panicked" when he saw the cops. It was a Police Helicopter (Bell JetRanger) who followed him. Only after the helicopter went down in front of him he stopped...

By the way, I haven't heard from my attorney yet...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Remind me NOT to drive next time I'm there. I find it ironic that the country with the highest density of M5 owners (i think) has some of the strictest driving laws around. Sad.

Too bad about your hat. I love to drive windows down/sunroof open, but I stow my hat behidn the passenger seat

--Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.