BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm flying to NY to pick up an 08 M5 next week.
Specs:
10,180 miles
White ext/Red Interior
Active Seats
HUD
Individual Audio
SMG
Comfort Access
Soft Close doors
Heated steering wheel

I'm pumped!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sounds like a great roadtrip, I traveled for both of my M5's and had a great time getting to know the car. I dont know what your knowledge is as far as the E60 but you might want to read up on some of the settings etc. or better yet if you can find one locally to familiarize yourself a little it would be helpful. Trying to learn the car going down the highway is not a good idea since there are so many toys to play with. Also be aware of the TINY gastank it has and the great MPG. Happy Motoring...:wroom:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have driven one in the UK quite a bit and am familiar with all the settings so should be fun!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congratulations,

Great color combo, make sure to post pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! Where in NY?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd pack some painters tape so that when you get back to Texas your hood and bumper dont look like the surface of the moon!!! :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I drove back to SC from FL last month after buying mine. What a great time that trip was! I agree with the radar detector suggestion. Have fun.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Bring a good digital camera with extra batteries, and maybe a coamcorder? Take a picture at every gasstation for us entusiasts :) Why not? :)

Here is two shorter movies I did on a 1700 km roadtrip from Munich to Stockholm. More is coming ;)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G_Gfz48qp4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Suzd5Smerpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
431 Posts
Put the suspension in comfort mode. The roads up here are in terrible shape. Keep an eye out for the beast eating potholes. You may want to bring a liter of the proper oil along as well. Have fun and send us some photos.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The trip will be awesome....I drove mine from South Dakota to Savannah, Ga. The best part about the trip was the gas stations I got to visit.

·
Registered
627 Posts
car was on autotrader right? i think i know which one your bought? mind if i ask the price? once my 550I lease is up septemeber, i'll be looking for low mileage 2008 m5 -- trying to get an idea of prices on the cars

thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts