BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I was debating posting this because it was so unfair, but hey - the other guy instigated it

So here I am getting onto the highway (highway name shall remain anonymous
) and I have this black, tinted, Eclipse on my tail with his fog lights on (what a doof!). So I downshift to 3rd and take off, reaching about 80, and he finally catches up to me, still on my tail!

Well enough of this, shift to 4th and I take off...100....110...120....shift into 5th, 130....140....150! Whoa! Slow way back down to 70, look in the rearview, the Eclipse is at least a mile behind

He catches back up, him and his little brother both shake their heads and give the thumbs up. I don't know why they bothered, maybe they didn't know any better?!

(Don't worry, there wasn't anyone on the road at those speeds...)

So there's my pitiful road kill for the week...unfortunately the beast will have to be put to bed soon, winter is just around the corner

-Chris

·
Registered
216 Posts
Similar experience with a 2001 Toyota Celica when I was cruising at 130km/h or so.
I was on the phone and I was telling the other party, "Oh wait a minute, I gotta speed up a little 'cause this little Celica is following too close".
By the time I finish with the word "close", I gained at least 7 cars length before I could downshift from 6th to 5th.
So I figured why bother downshifting and continue with the gas pedal.
Before I could let out my grin, the Celica is about a 500m away!

Why do they ever try!?!?

But then again, stock to stock, at the stop light, I wouldn't take on challenges from any turbo charged light weight Japanese cars.(Ellipse could be one of them) The M5 weight could probably be it's worst enemy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts