1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice article, thanks for posting :)

·
Banned
664 Posts
Thanks Richard - downloaded it to read when I get a quiet moment :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Thanks for posting the article, great read. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Richard,

Thanks for the link. But you know what? I remembered that in 1998/1999 I read and re-read anything I could find on the E39 M5. I searched everywhere for any tidbits on the car.

Now the E60 is almost here, Car and Driver just had a blurb on it as well, and I have zero interest in reading about it. I guess love is blind. the E39 is my true love, and no more wondering eyes ever again. Errr.... may be an exception for the RUF. :)

CP

·
Registered
620 Posts
A bit OT. Has anybody seen Top Gear(November) surface at any Barnes & Noble yet ? grrrrrrr I already bought EVO, CAR, Automobile, BMW Car, Bimmer, and MotorTrend, whatever I can get my hands on. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Excellent link, thank you very much for the scan :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Thanks for the scan. It's odd to see them low ball the performance figures, but that is the case till they can pull out the test equipment.
And yes, I am stubborn too. Very very very stubborn. F1 inspired my....
:cheers:

·
Registered
704 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Nice article.

" ... only the most stubborn will miss the clutch pedal." A bold assertion!
A correct one. However, some people are proud to be stuborn, just visit any E30 meet. To them the E36, E46, E39 are all overweight pigs.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Enigma said:
A correct one. However, some people are proud to be stuborn, just visit any E30 meet. To them the E36, E46, E39 are all overweight pigs.
I know. To the E30 guys, the world stops there. It's like one of the local pubs here where everything is stuck in the 1960's: the decor, the carpet, the air and they hate everything "modern"! But luckily for us (I think), most members here keep an open mind and don't impose their views on others, even if they hate the SMG III, iDrive, .... This is THE one generation we will remember in years to come.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
vndkshn said:
But there is a big difference... most of the e30 guys think everything else sucks... I don't think you hear anyone saying the SMG sucks. Just that some prefer a traditional shift.
Correct. SMG is quite impressive. But I am unwilling to make the trade off of technical impressiveness over fun.

·
Registered
816 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
Correct. SMG is quite impressive. But I am unwilling to make the trade off of technical impressiveness over fun.
Maybe it has something to do with being German? They're proud of their technical prowess in much of what they do. "Fun" cars seem to be built more by the Italians and maybe the English. Just my 2 cents ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts