1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RMS: MARCH 25,2005 7:00pm EASTERN time

The Truth

hello,

my name is Chris Saccoccia, owner of the chrome m3. But im not really here to talk about me and my car, although I will have to in a minute so if you will please bear with me. I'm speaking as a concerned voice of the performance tuning world, trying to do what I feel is best for everybody esle who loves it as much as I do... keep it as professional, as REAL as it should be. My project started about 14 months ago when the car finally went away for winter in early Jan 04. I worked on it vigerously for the next 10 months. my goal was to drive my car to sema, in november. I worked through the various set backs and pitfalls that plague everybody who modifies there car, and with only a month until the show, my car was painted, interior/roll cage installed. Even my rims were on. Just finishing touches being done on the multimedia. Great... one problem. NO engine. The engine was some 2500km away in the hands of
Osh Minelian, the Director of RMS. I managed to get the car to Osh with just under 3 weeks to sema. Since he had received my engine in early april, 04, Osh surprised me when he said it would be tough, but then reassured that I would be able to drive my car to Sema with the time we had left. "just remember to bring the remaining 50% of the money" Osh reminded me. When I arrived in Los Angeles 3 days before Sema, I was disappointed to see that although the engine looked prim and proper, it couldn't run. Unfortunately, quite a few neccesarry parts were missing. (Most were recovered at a local shop that had mis-hanlded them.).. Most. However, things like an ecu, a mass air flow sensor, and throttlebody vaished into thin air, along might I add a shipment of pedals and shiftknobs from Eisenhaus intended to be installed for their Sema exhibit. Eisenhaus trakced the package through UPS and in fact, it was delivered to RMS and signed by one of there employees. Nothing was ever found ....Sema was done, but the car needed to be finished. "When i get the parts after Sema, i'll need 3 weeks TOPS to have it running properly for ya, buddy! I'll fax a progress report over to your office at the end of next week" Osh said. Wow. And it came, too. The report listed a breakdown of remaining tasks on the car, and a projected date of completion. Dec 23rd. An early january, friday pick up was agreed upon. It was Friday the 14th. One week before the intended pick-up date Osh stalled again. He has and continues to make excuse after excuse trying to buy himself more time from waiting on the powder coating guy, to his welder he's used up just about everyone possible, week after week after week. I've heard it all! Someone even e mailed me pictures of my chrome m3, parked outside betwen other cars like a sardine! It was left outside for almost 2 MONTHS with NOBODY touching it, let alone WORKING on it, even the hood was left up in the pouring rain to expose my engine! Im completely fed up, and with the weather starting to change, I want my car back! Concerned, I jumped on a plane Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at approx 10:30 pm Toronto Eastern Standard Time. Upon my arrival in Los Angeles, I headed straight for RMS. Unfortunately I did not have the element of surpise, becuase I was affraid of arriving at RMS late enough that they would be closed. Osh was informed that I would be there, and had a good 2 hours to make his business look respectable. I was met by smiling faces, and a more importantly an un-finished project car. Osh gave me a ride back to the airport for my 9PM (Central Time) flight back home the same day I arrived. During our time alone, we had a heart to heart. We went through the whole situation, and I was willing to let everything go if I could just get the quality product that I had paid for, in full, long ago. I explained to Osh that I wanted the car to go to Washington DC at the end of this month. He looked me in the eyes and said "sorry you had to come all the way down here to check up, kiddo. Really you didn't have to... but don't worry we will have the car ready for you next wednesday" (March 20/05). When i got home it felt like some of the weight had been lifted. I set up the transport company and checked in with RMS everyday up to wednesday, receiving pleasing reports the whole time. Today is FRIDAY MARCH 25h. The truck my car was SUPPOSED to be on left RMS and went to San Diego with no chrome m3! Osh called me this morning trying desperately to buy himself more time. Not to mention he had the shipping company leave and come back to buy himself an extra day assuring the company that I personally would be more than happy to fit the 900 dollar waiting fee!!! I've been hearing the same tired excuses for the past 16+ weeks of the supposed 3 week project. I've had enough. I blatently told Osh that the car was leaving his shop, and he had the nerve to threaten me by telling me I would receive a lawyers letter from him absolving him from ALL RESPONSABILITY pertaining to my car because he was not given sufficient time to complete the project!!!! Osh has been given all the time in the world and every dollar asked for since November 2004. Now if you're supposed to be a professional, claiming to be the best in the industry, I should have been driving my car a long time ago. Angry, and at the end of my rope, I had the transport company confiscate my car from RMS' shop and it's now heading down to Washington Dc. NOT running after the've had my engine since april 04, and the rest of the car November, 04. There is no excuse for this situation... not even one that Osh can think up. There has been no wrong doing on my part, accept in trusting my last 14 months of work in the hands of an incapable establishment. This is the kind of hassle 31000 USD bought me, from RMS. Actions will be taken to repremand this situation, and I'm here speaking to you to let everybody know exactly what kind of people they will be dealing with if they decide to entrust their hard earned money, and beloved machinery to the likes of RMS and Osh Minelian. Oh and for all you hardcore Mini enthousiasts out there.... don't be fooled by RMS' Mini performance program headed up under the name " Gintani Mini Works " New name. Same " professionals ".

Heres a link to there BBB rating. No surprises here, I wish I would have seen/known all this before I sent my engine down there.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13066934&sm=

Sincerely,

Chris Saccoccia

If anybody wishes to contact me, feel free to email me at [email protected] i'll be more than happy to answer any questions or go into more detail about my unsavory situation. If you wish to contact RMS, considering Osh is always ready to come up with some kind of excuse. Lets see him try to explain this one. 818 778 6106.

Please take a second and sign this petition against RMS. If you don't want to do it for me, do it for other BMW/Mini enthusiasts. Your helping out your community here, the more signatures we get, the better. Thanks..

http://www.petitiononline.com/RMS/petition.html

http://www.chromem3.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, another horror story. I am really sorry that you had to go through all of that, and it is a story that is known all to well to this board. Scroll down to the bottom of any thread that has the name RMS in it, and you'll see quick links to the associated threads. There are plenty, but thank you for sharing your story. The more similarities you hear in many different stories does nothing but firm up the truth behind each and every one of them. Best wishes in a good resolution. Petition signed.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PLEASE sign the petition.... the more people we get the faster this situation can be repremanded.

Thank you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking along the same line. Somebody should have gave him a good a**-whooping by now!:blabla:

·
Registered
955 Posts
i am very sorry to know what you experienced with RMS.

and i am more than willing to sign the partition or anything i can do to close down RMS. though, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you going to do with this partition? if all the resistance RMS faced before weren't enough to shut them down, will this be enough?

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I toohave had problems with shops in regards to promised times.It took 8 months due to complications to get my 4.4L engine in my car in a shop in NorCal.I was mad but I did not throw a hissy-fit.I am also waiting for a back order part from Powerdyne for 5 months.RMS has not ripped you off-they are just not on time.If you think you can go through life and live the Burger King motto,"Have it your way".You are sorely mistaken and naive.Is not your family in some type of construction/develoement?They never ever heard of a delay?That said,I wish you and your car the very best.Also why would you pay infull,if the job was not finished yet?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
I toohave had problems with shops in regards to promised times.It took 8 months due to complications to get my 4.4L engine in my car in a shop in NorCal.I was mad but I did not throw a hissy-fit.I am also waiting for a back order part from Powerdyne for 5 months.RMS has not ripped you off-they are just not on time.If you think you can go through life and live the Burger King motto,"Have it your way".You are sorely mistaken and naive.Is not your family in some type of construction/develoement?They never ever heard of a delay?That said,I wish you and your car the very best.

This guy needs to dunk his head into an ice cold bucket of water and.......
WAKE THE FUNK UP ! :grrrrr:

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
FAST 5 said:
This guy needs to dunk his head into an ice cold bucket of water and.......
WAKE THE FUNK UP ! :grrrrr:
I am fully awake,thank-you very much.grrrrrrr

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
RMS has not ripped you off-they are just not on time.

That said,I wish you and your car the very best.
jimmyz2

14 months for a 3 week project (promised 3 weeks on more than one occassion) and it is just a "delay"? You are more than understanding. I would love to buy some property from you and pay you 14 months later explaining I had a "delay" in my funding. Let's just say I disagree with your analysis. :typing:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
gsfent said:
jimmyz2

14 months for a 3 week project (promised 3 weeks on more than one occassion) and it is just a "delay"? You are more than understanding. I would love to buy some property from you and pay you 14 months later explaining I had a "delay" in my funding. Let's just say I disagree with your analysis. :typing:
Regards,
Jerry
I know what you are saying.But,my point is with custom work, things do come up.As I mentioned before,I have had numerous delays on my car(promised in 2 months and took 8-you get my point).But I don't make a Cecil B. Demille movie out of it.And if you know anything about construction/developement then you do know what delays are.<Edit-RMS did NOT have the car for 14 months-read the post again>

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds awful Chris - wish you all the best. Thanks for sharing your story, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
I know what you are saying.But,my point is with custom work, things do come up.As I mentioned before,I have had numerous delays on my car(promised in 2 months and took 8-you get my point).But I don't make a Cecil B. Demille movie out of it.And if you know anything about construction/developement then you do know what delays are.<Edit-RMS did NOT have the car for 14 months-read the post again>
jimmy
You are correct, fat fingers had it at 14 instead of 4. 4 months to do a 3 week project (promised 2x for 3 weeks after getting "caught"). Not a single mention of a back ordered part (cetainly understandable if everything else was ready to go waiting on the missing part). Read the story again.

Yes, I understand construction delays, I often represent developers. Some "fudge factor" is always built in to all the time estimates, we understand there may be delays outside of our control, but if you were promised your completed house in 3 weeks and still didn't have it 4 months later (and found there were periods of time no one was even working on the house), do you think it acceptable?? Would you complain or simply "be patient"?

Once again, I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I would never trust my car to Osh or his group, but if you have the confidence to have work done by Osh, it is your car and your money (at least till Osh gets a hold of it, ouich ), more power to you. :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jimmyz2 said:
Excuse me... But when an initial early november date is established as a scheduled finish date, and you are well into the next year there's something wrong here. Especially when you know the car has been left outside for months on end. Lets not forget how they had a good 7 month head start with my engine.

·
Registered
397 Posts
jimmyz2 said:
I toohave had problems with shops in regards to promised times.It took 8 months due to complications to get my 4.4L engine in my car in a shop in NorCal.I was mad but I did not throw a hissy-fit.I am also waiting for a back order part from Powerdyne for 5 months.RMS has not ripped you off-they are just not on time.If you think you can go through life and live the Burger King motto,"Have it your way".You are sorely mistaken and naive.Is not your family in some type of construction/develoement?They never ever heard of a delay?That said,I wish you and your car the very best.Also why would you pay infull,if the job was not finished yet?
:eek: Come on

We all know be now that RMS isnt in the game as promised - just look at all the posts on this board

I really cant see why people keep on defending this scam. I know that mods takes times but this is getting out off hand.

Stay alert and stay away

Enough said.

JM2C

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I know where you guy's are coming from and can appreciate that.However,Osh is first and formost an engineer.He does not buy his parts off the shelf or buy a software program form another vendor..I am not saying you don't have a right to be pissed,but he did not rip you off.Your custom one off project took longer than anticipated(ok-alot longer).Also,my tuner rolls out my car everyday and leaves out in the rain.He has a full shop of cars(in my case only).

Quote from Chris on another forum,

"The reason for the payment before completion was complicated. 50% deposit and 50% upon my arrival to pick up the car a few days before Sema. When i arrived in la to pick up my car it was not running because some parts were missing. I found out that my local shop had SOME of the parts, so at that point i couldn't really blame RMS for not having the car done on that date. Osh assurred me the car would have been running if I had given him all the parts! and when he told me that the car would be completed less than 2 weeks after sema upon receiving the parts it seemed fair to fulfil my end of the bargain. ...see you in DC"

So, RMS did not even have all the parts.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can't say I told ya so. I remember posting on another forum giving you links and other horror stories from this board when you said that you car was on it's way to RMS. I posted a pic of the zip ties they used for the DSC on an M5 here, to which you politely replied something like "I'll put the zip ties over your mouth". Sorry you had to go through with that. I'll definitely sign the petition. Hope everything works out.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
E39_540i6 said:
Can't say I told ya so. I remember posting on another forum giving you links and other horror stories from this board when you said that you car was on it's way to RMS. I posted a pic of the zip ties they used for the DSC on an M5 here, to which you politely replied something like "I'll put the zip ties over your mouth". Sorry you had to go through with that. I'll definitely sign the petition. Hope everything works out.
Zip ties???Who the f+++ cares about zip ties?I am sorry but that is so 1980's.Oh I forgot that was the start of DA's claim to fame.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
You know whats really funny? Whether a simple ECU upgrade, or a full supercharge kit installation.... RMS are simply not competent and unprofessional!

I live 10,000 miles from Osh, and sent my ECU to him to get remapped, not onoy did it sit there on his desk for 2 weeks, but Bill from D/A had to send someone down there and confiscate it before it went missing too! Unfortunately, when he had heard that someone was gonna come and pick it up, he immediately did a quick remap to my ECU by soldering certain component directly on the PCB which has caused permanent faults to my ECu now. Even Powerchip tried to help but couldnt cause the ECU is permanently damaged now! I get "engine failsafe prog" come on all the time, and the car stalls and cuts off while driving!!!!

That xxxxxxx needs to be put behind bars!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.