BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I do this if I have an otherwise stock M5?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I think there are some members in this category.
Thx... looking for confirmation from someone who has done it.

I replied because I noticed you had the Hankook V12's... My fiancee has those on her WRX and I marveled at the quiet and comfortable ride they provided, but they weren't all that grippy, so I was going to go with the Conti DW. In the week between deciding on that and buying, they released the V12 evo 2, and after consulting with a TR representitive, bought those for ~$70 more than the DW's. I couldn't be happier- they're literally everything good about the V12 Evo, but better in every way. Highly recommend when you need to replace the ones you have now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
like youre saying without tune?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean, I have a Shark tune, but pretty much stock, yeah. Basically what I'm asking is if that kit requires the intakes to be not stock to work. If they work with a completely stock intake, no worries. There just isn't much documentation on it, and so I was hoping there were some members on here that had relocated the IAT sensor without an aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
i've done it on every m5 i've owned all with stock intakes. the point of doing the mod is to relocate the sensor to a spot that will give a more accurate reading and not get heat soaked. its a bit more work but imo the best spot to put it is in the passenger intake snorkel behind the bumper. obviously you have to remove the bumper cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts