BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summer Greetings from RK Autowerks!

RK Autowerks is an enthusiast-owned automotive specialty company devoted to the manufacture, testing and
sale of custom performance parts for multiple BMW models, focusing initially on the E39 M5. As the company’s
first offering to the market, we will soon be introducing our E39 M5 Stage 1 supercharger kit. We are testing
the kit right now and should have the first five Stage 1 kits manufactured and ready for sale in the next 45-60 days.

The RK Autowerks E39 M5 Stage 1 supercharger kit is setup to run at 6 psi and includes the all of the following:

-Vortech V3si self-contained supercharger; no oil lines necessary
-CNC RK bracket designed and built in house, your choice of anodized or machined aluminum finish
-1 piece CNC aluminum 6-rib (optional 8-rib) crank pulley that completely replaces the stock crank pulley
-Vortech 6-rib (optional 8-rib) supercharger pulley
-Custom RK carbon fiber discharge tube
-Custom RK carbon fiber intake tube
-Custom RK tuning software
-8 larger Bosch injectors
-Tial 50mm Q bypass valve
-RK bumper-mounted CAI with K&N high-flow air filter
-Fully automatic dedicated belt drive system (optional 8 rib)
-Oil breather assembly designed for boost
-CNC machined fan spacer
-CNC machined oil and power steering bracket
-All mounting hardware included

The Stage 2 kit is the same, except that it includes a slightly larger 6-rib supercharger and crank pulleys,
increasing boost to 8-9 psi, and includes and intercooler system and related piping.

Both kits are maintenance free and come with a one-year limited warranty against defects in workmanship.

Installation is easy, with step-by-step instructions. Moreover, unlike at least one of our competitors, you
will not need to send your ECU out for programming. The kit will include a cable that you can use to
download RK’s custom tuning software onto your ECU, as well as any future ECU flashes to which you may
want to upgrade (!)

To whet your appetite, take a look at the beta version of our bracket:

And what about performance? We anticipate power of the Stage 1 kit to be
~550bhp, while the Stage 2 will be upwards of 600-625bhp. With a potential stage 3 reaching
power levels 750bhp+.

Prices are not final yet, but what we can guarantee you is that it will be significantly cheaper
than any comparable supercharger kit on the market today.

We will be offering an initial group buy which will substantially bring
prices down for everyone as well. :M5thumbs: Anticipated launch date is
early august at the moment! Thanks for your time!

RK Autowerks

*No information in this thread is final, we reserve the right to change any information.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'm excited for this.

Raza....when you say installation is easy, are you implying that someone with very limited mechanical DIY experience could install it on his/her/*my* own?

If not, how long would you expect an experienced and reputable INDY shop to take on the install? (...referring to Stage 1 here)

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Summer Greetings from RK Autowerks!

RK Autowerks is an enthusiast-owned automotive specialty company devoted to the manufacture, testing and
sale of custom performance parts for multiple BMW models, focusing initially on the E39 M5. As the company’s
first offering to the market, we will soon be introducing our E39 M5 Stage 1 supercharger kit. We are testing
the kit right now and should have the first five Stage 1 kits manufactured and ready for sale in the next 45-60 days.

The RK Autowerks E39 M5 Stage 1 supercharger kit is setup to run at 6 psi and includes the all of the following:

-Vortech V3si self-contained supercharger; no oil lines necessary
-CNC RK bracket designed and built in house, your choice of anodized or machined aluminum finish
-1 piece CNC aluminum 6-rib (optional 8-rib) crank pulley that completely replaces the stock crank pulley
-Vortech 6-rib (optional 8-rib) supercharger pulley
-Custom RK carbon fiber discharge tube
-Custom RK carbon fiber intake tube
-Custom RK tuning software
-8 larger Bosch injectors
-Tial 50mm Q bypass valve [Why this model? Have you tested it?]
-RK bumper-mounted CAI with K&N high-flow air filter
-Fully automatic dedicated belt drive system (optional 8 rib)
-Oil breather assembly designed for boost
-CNC machined fan spacer
-CNC machined oil and power steering bracket
-All mounting hardware included

The Stage 2 kit is the same, except that it includes a slightly larger 6-rib supercharger and crank pulleys,
increasing boost to 8-9 psi, and includes and intercooler system and related piping.

Both kits are maintenance free and come with a one-year limited warranty against defects in workmanship.

Installation is easy, with step-by-step instructions. Moreover, unlike at least one of our competitors, you
will not need to send your ECU out for programming. The kit will include a cable that you can use to
download RK’s custom tuning software onto your ECU, as well as any future ECU flashes to which you may
want to upgrade (!)

And what about performance? We anticipate power of the Stage 1 kit to be
~550bhp, while the Stage 2 will be upwards of 600-625bhp. With a potential stage 3 reaching
power levels 750bhp+.

Prices are not final yet, but what we can guarantee you is that it will be significantly cheaper
than any comparable supercharger kit on the market today.

We will be offering an initial group buy which will substantially bring
prices down for everyone as well. :M5thumbs: Anticipated launch date is
early august at the moment! Thanks for your time!

RK Autowerks

*No information in this thread is final, we reserve the right to change any information.
Nice disclaimer. No Attorneys were injured in the typing of this disclaimer. Did Peter help you out with that? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I thought S62's in stock trim were only good to 550-600hp? Or are you throwing in a built engine with every SC kit purchase

:thumbsup:

I keed!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'm excited for this.

Raza....when you say installation is easy, are you implying that someone with very limited mechanical DIY experience could install it on his/her/*my* own?

If not, how long would you expect an experienced and reputable INDY shop to take on the install? (...referring to Stage 1 here)
Just come on down, I've done the VF kit on a 540, it's not bad and I've got a lift. A long Saturday and we'll have it in (I'm in Gig Harbor...) Will likely be doing mine as well!
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
why get such thick Al plate if you're going to mill it all away!?

p.s. that mill isn't running at optimal speeds/feeds - it should spit chips, not long curly strands! check yo self!

p.p.s. glad to see more options on the market.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you'll produce. Given the market value of the older e39 M5, the competitions' pricing has kept me from considering a S/C kit. It seems that the actual hardware in an S/C kit isn't really expensive, rather it is the tuning required to get it running reliably.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
tradin, I saw in a thread you had put up your SS headers for sale. Is it correct to infer that performance header isn't necessary for the RK S/C (stage 2)? Yes, I've heard the talk about back pressure, etc., just want a real perspective from your first hand experience.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm excited for this.

hardest part will be removing the bumper imo, but we will see. keeping it as simple as possible at the moment. we'll work something out regarding installations as well when the time comes.

Nice disclaimer. No Attorneys were injured in the typing of this disclaimer. Did Peter help you out with that? :rofl:
no i added the disclaimer, i know how you guys are around here with wording. that just leaves me a backdoor.

you're at the bottom of the list regarding product curt. :2:

tradin, I saw in a thread you had put up your SS headers for sale. Is it correct to infer that performance header isn't necessary for the RK S/C (stage 2)? Yes, I've heard the talk about back pressure, etc., just want a real perspective from your first hand experience.
i listed my headers for sale because of other reasons, i will still utilize a set of aftermarket headers, the stock pieces are not going back on.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll produce. Given the market value of the older e39 M5, the competitions' pricing has kept me from considering a S/C kit. It seems that the actual hardware in an S/C kit isn't really expensive, rather it is the tuning required to get it running reliably.
hardware isnt an issue, but making it fit without cutting everything up in another story! haha

·
13,589 Posts
why get such thick Al plate if you're going to mill it all away!?

Maybe because if it's too thick, he could mill it down (which looks like the case here)

p.s. that mill isn't running at optimal speeds/feeds - it should spit chips, not long curly strands! check yo self!
Orly

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I wish this thread was posted 3 months ago, oh well. Looking forward to seeing the prices and the installed kit.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm excited for this.

So easy, you can do it in flip-flops.

Reactions: JCM55555

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Based on the insult-filled PM I recieved, someone didn't get the hinted sarcasm in the post - Way to go Team Serious <- Sarcasm.

Honestly, I'm really glad someone else is getting into the SC game, and based on the sucessful motor builds (so far), I was just busting your balls for stuff that doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Subscribed!!! looking forward to some more eye candy... CF!!! cant wait to see this under my hood!!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Let me know if you want another test mule. ;-)

Seriously though, this is good news for you and the community. I really admire what you're doing and how you're doing it.

1 - 20 of 1545 Posts