BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best of luck fellow Houstonians!

I'm off to San Antonio. Don't wish to put miles on M - on the hunt for a secure concrete parking garage.

Thoughts and prayers w/all.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Prayers for all. I'll be working in the Medical Center with the Beast in an above ground parking structure. Hope my house is still there when I get back.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
To our fellow board members and buddies: Our thoughts are with you all! Take care as best you can!!

Hey, you could even stay at my house--I know it's only about a million miles away, but i won't even be here this weekend--what better insentive can I give you then that! But no peeking in my medicine cabinet!

Seriously, Stay Well!!

Anita

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Good Luck TX & LA.

My sister lives near Lake Charles in Louisiana...they've packed it up and are headed to a brick house north of them...but not by far. They said the traffic is so bad, they'll run out of gas before they get to a safe location :confused3

I wish them luck, as it appears that Rita is redirecting eastward more toward the border of LA... :sad1:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Good luck indeed everyone who lives in that area! Huricanes are some of the hardest things to predict, and the only prudent course of action is to go far away from any area they are predicted to encounter. Park the beast somewhere safe, and GTFO (get the ____ out).
:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get as far away from water and to higher ground ASAP. You can always find another car, but you only get one life. Be safe out there and good luck!

Eric

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good luck all.. our prayers are with you and your family

·
Registered
283 Posts
Stay well and safe! thoughts go out for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tried to get insurance coverage for my Business's when Hurricane Isabel
came rolling thru several years back..

BUT couldn't.. because the actual coverage only starts covering after 30 days
after the initial purchase.. I tried to get coverage liek 2 weeks before the
actual hurricane..

Insurance co's SUCK..

but anyways..

Goodluck everyone.. hunker down or get out of dodge.

Thoughts and prayers goes out to all of you in Ritas path..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Getting close, all of my gulf coast brothers buckle down, Josh

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My sister's house is still standing...untouched actually, which is strange since they're only about 10 miles north from Lake Charles and the north-east side of a hurricane is supposedly the worst place to be. hmmm

They still have no power, no water, nothing, and are staying with friends elsewhere.

The restaurant where she and her husband worked in Lake Charles is destroyed, and it looks like it will be weeks, if not months, to get it operational. No work = no pay for her, so it's going to be rough for them...

In the meantime, she's working at another restaurant (same chain) nearby, and her husband is helping to clean up at the Lake Charles restaurant...

Seems they got off quite lucky actually, compared to most everybody south along the coastline... :crying2:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
M-Fünf said:
My sister's house is still standing...untouched actually, which is strange since they're only about 10 miles north from Lake Charles and the north-east side of a hurricane is supposedly the worst place to be. hmmm

They still have no power, no water, nothing, and are staying with friends elsewhere.

The restaurant where she and her husband worked in Lake Charles is destroyed, and it looks like it will be weeks, if not months, to get it operational. No work = no pay for her, so it's going to be rough for them...

In the meantime, she's working at another restaurant (same chain) nearby, and her husband is helping to clean up at the Lake Charles restaurant...

Seems they got off quite lucky actually, compared to most everybody south along the coastline... :crying2:
Sorry to here about all they and everyone else are still going through!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts