BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I will be taking a touristic view on a piece of turmac somewhere in Germany in the beginning of July. Of course I want to tape this trip and post it at this forum, but what is the best way of making a good movie? Is there a simple way of stabilizing the camera so that it won't shake too much and therefor spoil the movie? Or do I just have to keep the camera in my hand while rolling?

Any suggestions are welcome and I hope to post a nice vid for all of U in a few weeks time.

Thanx,

Enrico

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you really want to make something cool, it's always fun to from inside the car but also outside (like they do on Top Gear). If you're just going to use 1 camera, it is NECESSARY that the camera is stable (check on movies with the camera in the filmer's hand, it's annoying to watch and most of the time half of the image covers the dashboard. So one rule : always make sure the camera is stable and that you can see the road (and eventually the driver)

Fun thing : place a camera so that you can also see the driver's feet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If “somewhere in Germany” is referring to the Nürburgring Nordshleife, you may be interested to know that filming on track is strictly forbidden.

So, if you are going to track your car, you better buy a tiny and invisible bullet cam and a DV handycam with an analog input.

If you want to take some footage of your lap in the taxi, well…forget the cam and enjoy your lap. :)

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Not sure if my impressions are correct, but from my experience you get a better feeling of the speed if you mount the camera in the rear of your car.

I put mine in the rear window facing forward, and that was IMO much better than when I mounted it in the front window.

test it for youselvs and decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.