BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new shoes this week. Went with the PS2's (still playing with different tire pressures). Anyway, the tire place tore up one of the rims and agreed to send it off to get repaired. I was not crazy about this due to the problem with matching the Shadow Chrome, but had an agreement that if it didn't match they would cover refinishing 2 and I would cover the other 2. The work was done by Wheel Technologies in Carrolton. I talked with them about the match and they told me they had no problem matching due to a two coat process (Black powder coat then Chrome). 48 hours later I got the wheel back and the match was almost right on. If I was cleaning it I could probably see a little difference in the wheel, but from 3 feet away you could not tell which rim had been done.

Now to my question. When they refinished the rim, they had to remove the small M decal imbedded on the rim. Does anyone know the easiest way to get one? I figure I'll check with the local parts guy on Monday, but didn't know if there was a quicker source. Any help or part number would be appreciated.
:cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Boomer said:
. The work was done by Wheel Technologies in Carrolton. I

a two coat process (Black powder coat then Chrome).
If you've got an address and phone #, post it- always good to ID another shop that does it right.

Too many places just try to spray silver and it looks terrible- or they don't fully strip, powder coat and paint.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just pick them up at the dealer, they are very inexpensive and they normally have them in stock. If you are a BMWCCA member you get 20% off the list price.

These are the same used on all of the M car wheels, nothing special about the ones used on our M5s...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts