BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am new to the board but have been following the content with interest for some months. I am first on the list with my dealer but still not getting a firm delivery.

Anyway had anyone noted the button layouts around the gearshift in the right hand drive version? The left hand drive has them neatly spaced and at an angle facing the driver. On the right hand drive it looks like the designer may have wanted to finish early on a Friday afternoon!
??????

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome:)

Some of the photos used in BMW brochures are actually photo shoped LHD cars. Not sure if this one is but you can tell some of them are in the brochure for the UK.

So the button layout might be as good as the LHD version, but it didn't reverse well when the photo was manipulated.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
..but you have to agree Sacha, the RHD one in the photo does look awful :(

Welcome to the board MJW and well spotted :M5thumbs:

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this? Are the buttons for RHD nicely lined up like the LHD or are they as shown in the photo??

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree it looks worse than the 3 in a line.

But heres hoping they fit in another button to turn of the limiter :cheers:

·
Registered
540 Posts
THATS THE ONE

I thought the dealer parts system was incorrcet

Go to your dealers parts system and look at the screen with those parts on it

It shows thew M5 part, but wont give the part number yet

But what I saw was

The LHD one is just like that pic of the RHD one ( just a mirror image ), ie no line of 3 buttons like we saw in most early pics

So looks like the RHD looking one is the Production one, go see, its on the parts system

·
Registered
21 Posts
The buttons are sitting on the wrong side of the lever, but if u take a look at the handbrake, hmm photoshop mistake?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts