BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this may be RK specific, it may not be, but on an RK kit guys usually need to drill the plenum at the top right and top left to fit the CCV outlet (RHS plenum looking at it) and the IATS relocation (LHS plenum looking at it).

The IATS relocation on the LHS is nice because on a LHD car, the sensor is close to the microfilter that houses the ECU under it, (LHS engine bay as you look at it).

On a RHD car that is reversed, so mounting the IATS in the RK location means wiring going behind the plenum to the other microfilter cavity where the ECU is on a RHD car.

No big deal, but for the sake of neatness, would it be ok to mount both sensor and CCV mount on the RHS of the plenum (as you look at it) to make wiring that bit neater or will having the IATS mounted next to the CCV outlet marr its function somewhat?

I just want to get this as neat as possible with the one shot i have at it without compromising anything really.

Cheers

Jamie

·
Registered
339 Posts
You'd probably want to talk directly to Jamie about that one. Space is pretty tight in there with all of the intake horns. When I did mine I made sure to install the lower plenum with the horns mounted up, then outline the holes and then drill so that everything would fit properly without interfering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts