BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big life change looming!

Along with the usual financial challenges, it is also driving a move to an even more remote location, where Optimax and M5-friendly roads are non-existent and motorways a mirage.

So after lots of dithering, the Touring is up for sale. 1995 6-speed, Avus blue, black nappa leather, the usual big bite out of the option list. It was converted to RHD by Munich Legends at huge expense for the PO and they have looked after it since. 170,000 miles now, but there's sheaves of history.

What a way of persuading the family to let you stay in the "M-club"!
Or...... a wolf-in-sheep's-clothing track day tow car. Tow the toy there and track them both!

PM if you are interested, with a phone number, for more details.

Sam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,

AndyE said:
Even *MORE* remote? Are you sure? :p

Is this the Salt Flats of Utah, or the Moab desert? Perhaps the Moon?

Hee hee! :hihi:
Oh yes! Where BMWs are rare and exotic beasts and 15 year old Corrollas are thought a bit flash!
Where you don't need real Alpina stripes for your 525i pretend Bi-Turbo, scratchy hedges in narrow lanes do them for free!

Like you, I'll miss the beast, but pottering down country lanes is definitely not its natural habitat and the occasional foray further afield is increasingly blighted by Mr Plod's new obsession with cameras.

Bet they haven't got Gatsos on the moon yet!

Sam

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Fancy a part-ex for a slightly smaller model?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AndyE said:
How small?

hiha
Just the job for Devon lanes.
Should be able to squeeze past those little Volvos that didn't come with a reverse gear, the ones you always meet on the narrowest bit.
Followed a Saxo today for 5 miles at between 5 and an amazing 25 MPH, :M5rev: before I could get past. Bucolic bliss!:M5launch:

Sam

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well mine isn't an estate so is therefore 'smaller'.

Plus it's only a puny 538i, not a premium M5!

Finally, no need to worry about Volvo's and country lanes as it just means you can continue to put off the respray I keep putting off!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tart!

Ran off to find those good roads....and just maybe there will be tales of her on this board before long.

Many thanks to so many board members for all that knowledge and enthusiasm, so willingly shared.

Off to find a people carrier? Maybe not!!!

Sam

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sam Thake said:
The tart!

Ran off to find those good roads....and just maybe there will be tales of her on this board before long.

Many thanks to so many board members for all that knowledge and enthusiasm, so willingly shared.

Off to find a people carrier? Maybe not!!!

Sam
Sad to see another car go but as long as it goes to an enthusiast then good luck.

Had cause to show the article about your car to two people in the last week both enthusiasts.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not having a great deal of luck lately.

24 hours after buying this car, a dear runs out in front of me on a country lane. Smashed lights/grille, dent in NSF wing, and a massive dent in the NSF door.

Annoyed isnt the word............:mad:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Infinicar said:
Not having a great deal of luck lately.

24 hours after buying this car, a dear runs out in front of me on a country lane. Smashed lights/grille, dent in NSF wing, and a massive dent in the NSF door.

Annoyed isnt the word............:mad:
Did you buy this Touring :confused:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
God must have wanted me to have it all along :sad1:

·
Registered
81 Posts
To be fair it needed some bodywork anyway, and was already booked in - now they have a bit more to do!

It appears to be in wonderful mechanical order for nearly 170k miles. Every bit as good as the black one. - and in a couple of weeks, will be in wonderful cosmetic order too!

Its got to go to Ibiza/Spain on the 23rd july.........

I'll try and get some pics up once its back from the bodyshop.

Paul

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hi Paul

Sorry to hear about the damage but pleased about the mechanical side of things.

Well here is your excuse to fit xennons at the same time as replairing the damage!

Look forward to the pictures.

Simon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts