BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I picked up my m5 yestaday afternoon from Kelleners (germany), and drove back last night to london..

My car has been totally transformed!!! Thats putting it mildly too!! :blabla:

On they're dyno, my car was running pretty poorly before, only getting 350bhp and 440Nm torque..
Now after sorting out the Hydralic lifters, and fitting new schrick cams, rhd supersprint exhaust, along with 100cel sport cats.. the final dyno run was....

442bhp and 527Nm of torque.. which is a total transformation.. wheel spins easily in 1st/2nd/3rd gears... without sport mode looks like I better stock up on rear tyres! :D

I asked for the car to be totally reliable and not all out max power...alitlte more could have been attained, but I still need to run the engine is fully in..

but the pull on the motorway is unbelievable!! 4th n 5th gears are completely changed!!

I'm really really happy with the car now, (was happy when I first bought it too) but now the car has come leaps n bounds from a couple of years ago.. :M5thumbs: will be sticking eith the E39 for another couple of years to come, as much as I like the new E60 styling.. the E39 still wins in my book ;)

RHD Supersprint headers are definately worth getting, your missing alot of power already..
Will record some vid clips to get the noise levels of the full supersprint system.

A big big thanks to Andy and all the team at Kelleners.. (first M5 with 8pot brembos they'd had seen! ) and to Joe at HTR to sorting out the other bits,

cheers guys!

Cheers
Tin
:typing:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Re: RHD headers, kelleners cams, ecu remap.. 442bhp!

Congrats Tin!

It certainly sounded the biz on the phone yesterday!

You wanna record some vids? Be round my place at 3pm on Saturday and we can do all the recording necessary - Piers (foxyboym5), Dave (DMC) are gonna be there as well - so that will be mini-meet I guess... mmmmmm

I am planning on getting some clips of the TUBI... so could be fun for all - mind you its probably going to overshadow my TUBI... then again combine your SS headers/exhaust with my TUBI and foxys Eisenmann - boy the neighbours are gonna love me... :hihi:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Tin,
Can you give us a breakdown on the cost of..

Headers:
Exhaust:
Remap:
Cams:

I have my name down for a very nice exhaust system which i'll tell you all about on saturday. But still want the headers and the remap. Would be interesting in knowing how much i need to budget for.

Cheers and congratulations on your "new" car lolol

DMC

B

·
0 Posts
Very nice selection of mods. I am glad that you chose Kelleners, as they are a good outfit. Now we need to race. ;)

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tin,

great news. Hopefully see you saturday at Was'.

When you gonna get on the track and actually use those 8 pots? :haha:

catcha soon
Piers

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
Tin

as someone that got you started in the modding world...congrats man
lol.. yep I blame you Rob.. its all your fault! :thumbsup:

haha, foxy, how about a trip over to the nurburgring in the new year? should be plenty of space to use the 8pots and new found power hiha

Daniel.. hahah yep, bring it on!! :haha: :M5thumbs: is your car still in the uk? I want the best UK M5 crown! :hihi:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Tin said:
haha, foxy, how about a trip over to the nurburgring in the new year? should be plenty of space to use the 8pots and new found power hiha

Sh*t, that sounds like a wicked idea, whats AP's number? :2:

B

·
0 Posts
Tin said:
lol.. yep I blame you Rob.. its all your fault! :thumbsup:

Daniel.. hahah yep, bring it on!! :haha: :M5thumbs: is your car still in the uk? I want the best UK M5 crown! :hihi:
Yup, still in the UK. kinggf

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
dmc said:
Can you give us a breakdown on the cost of..

Headers:
Exhaust:
Remap:
Cams:
Approx costs are :

Manifold £1533+vat
100 Cell Race Kats £1226+vat (but you can still use your old oem cats if you wish)

remap and cams with delimiting the top speed too :hihi: is approx €6900 Kelleners Sport E39 M5 stage 1 pack
subtract around 1000 for the exhaust, 250 for the air filters etc

Send Joe an email to get a full custom quote for your particular car inc labour/vat etc..

I got all my old pieces back, old headers and cams etc

dmc said:
I have my name down for a very nice exhaust system which i'll tell you all about on saturday. But still want the headers and the remap.
Come on, which one is this? is it loud or just loud enough! :biggrin:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Tin said:
Approx costs are :

Manifold £1533+vat
100 Cell Race Kats £1226+vat (but you can still use your old oem cats if you wish)
Yikes, ignore that cost quotation for the full exhaust system I gave you at the weekend David!! Apologies.......

Roger

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great stuff Tin - supercharger next? :haha: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, modding the M5 is a very expensive game..certainly alot more than my old p1 scooby, remap, full decat exhaust was all in under £1200!! lol.. but the ///M is a totally different car.. Q-car anyone? hahah not any more! :haha:

Will get some vid clips n sounds hopefully on sat! early morning cold starts are LOUD! :hihi: can see me making a few more enemies on my street now! :eek:ohhh:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ashok Arora said:
Great stuff Tin - supercharger next? :haha: :thumbsup:
hahah nah mate.. not for a long while yet.. got a certain other thing to worry about now... marriage! :sad2: :confused: ?????? lol... but at least my wedding car is sorted now.. :haha2: have to get the priorities are right. :1:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Spot on Tin... like I told Sapna: "first the car then the baby" lovelove :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts