BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a couple of carbon fiber parts for my 08 m6.

1)lower mirror covers in black cf

2) m6 side grill vents black cf

3) Idrive knob in black cf

4) Black cf front grill

I know i can purchase these from Revozport, but does anyone else sell these parts in CF for the m6

·
Registered
7,328 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would you go about removing..

Lower mirror covers

M6 side grills

M6 front grills-- they just snap off right?

Idrive knob?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a new set of Revozsport cf grills that I bought from member Snowball if you are interested. The old ones pop out and you snap these in.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I never purchased anything from Revosport so I can't comment.

As for MPC, I got my CF lower mirror cover and they had a slight gap on the side corners but Kevin immediately offered a full refund or that they would send us new parts (supposedly test fitting from the manufacturer beforehand) and that we can still keep our first set. Pretty good customer service if you ask me.

Reactions: freed0m

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I can comment on Revosport...I was initially hesitant because of previous reviews however....

I ordered a CF steering wheel cover from them....communication was excellent via email. Also, shipped immediately so that I would get it before Bimmerfest.

Quality...top notch!!!!....the CF weave on the curves of the steering wheel match the interior CF trim of my car, and fitment is pretty much spot on.

I think if you communicate with them and get a tracking number then you are fine. I would recommend.

Reactions: freed0m

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I can comment on Revosport...I was initially hesitant because of previous reviews however....

I ordered a CF steering wheel cover from them....communication was excellent via email. Also, shipped immediately so that I would get it before Bimmerfest.

Quality...top notch!!!!....the CF weave on the curves of the steering wheel match the interior CF trim of my car, and fitment is pretty much spot on.

I think if you communicate with them and get a tracking number then you are fine. I would recommend.
You know you can't throw that out there without pics! :nono: :haha:

·
Registered
637 Posts
FWIW, I ordered all of my CF parts from MPC except the VS Hood and Lip. All of the parts fit perfect and the weave is probably as close as you can get to OEM. You can see pics of my interior on the M5 side under my recent thread with some pics of the M3. I would recommend MPC myprojectcars.com. They shipped out when they said they would.

Regarding the iDrive knob, just grip it very tightly and pull up. It just slides off. The new one from MPC just snapped right on.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
637 Posts
"AlpineMsix how do you remove the lower mirror cover?"

You have to remove the door panel, then remove the whole mirror assembly. I had the dealer do it. I did a lot of the interior pieces myself. But I did not want to mess with removing the mirrors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts