BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is jet black. The PO gave me this wax kit with the car; he'd bought it but never used it so it was unopened.

I did my first wash-and-wax yesterday and decided to try it. I am NOT a big detail guy so I don't have broad experience; I used Nu-Finish for years and was perfectly happy until I had a car painted and was introduced to Fast-Wax by Presta, on the suggestion of the body shop, and I've used that since. It's awesome in that it goes on easily and wipes off as easily. The shop told me you could leave it on the car for a month with no trouble, though I haven't tried that ;) You can put it on in sunlight and it still wipes off easily, and I have tested that.

Anyway, this Turtle Wax black stuff is actually black. I suppose that's so when you leave residue (in the body lines, door openings, etc) it won't show very much. It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a bottle of wax, and two bottles of shine with an accompanying sprayer.

Frankly I didn't like it. It took a long time to dry and then was pretty difficult to remove - lots of muscle required. It also loaded up the towel quickly. I could usually wax a car with just one microfiber cloth using Fast-Wax - I'd use two if I was being extra careful. I needed four with this black stuff, the towels got "saturated" and wouldn't pick up any more from the car.

Anyway, I won't be using it again, I just don't care for it. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks for the review, I was going to try this since I have so many rock chips on my Jet Black car. I'm trying to decide between respraying or wrapping, probably in gloss black.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the review, I was going to try this since I have so many rock chips on my Jet Black car. I'm trying to decide between respraying or wrapping, probably in gloss black.
My car had a lot of rock chips. The PO said he bought this stuff hoping it might help to hide some of them. I should have mentioned above that I tried a few spots with it back in March, and it did NOTHING for the rock chips. I had the hood and bumper resprayed /shrugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts