BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey m6 family I want to put a reverse camera on my beast I'm getting mixed info do we need a interface to connect a camera or is there some coding that is available the interfaces are expensive wow almost 500.00 give me your input

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey m6 family I want to put a reverse camera on my beast I'm getting mixed info do we need a interface to connect a camera or is there some coding that is available the interfaces are expensive wow almost 500.00 give me your input
There are different types of iDrive systems but if your M6 is a stock '07 you have the CCC and you need the retangular video plug, not the round pug for later ('10+) CIC versions.

You will need a video adapter like this one:
Car Video Interface Multimedia Adapter for BMW 1 3 5 6 x5 x6 with iDrive Support | eBay

and a back up camera. There are several types to choose from. Some mount in place of one liscense plate light, come come mounted on a license plate bracket, etc.

You can figure between $300-$400 in parts. You can do the install yourself. It'll take a while but it's worth it. There are several DIY's for the job.
Once you have it installed you can also add other video sourced to the adapter too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts