BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Im installing a new headunit in my touring.

It is a Becker cascade 7944 with navi, bluetooth and iPod module ;-)

Problem is it needs speed signal and reverse signal for the navi.

Anybody know excatly what wires under the Dash I can get these signals from.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
6month Old thread, i know. But, for anyone googling or searching for this info may be glad to find the answer to this question.

The speed signal can be had from behind the instrument cluster. The gray 12pin connector to be exact. It should have two wires that are wrapped around each other, one is a postivie signal and the other is a negative speed signal from the rear differential. You want to tap into the positive speed signal, which is brown/red (the other one (the negative speed signal) is the brown cable).

There is also an additional speed signal (an position pulse output) that processes the signal from the rear differential inside the cluster which in turn goes to the servotronic, cruise control, intermittent/programable wipers and MCU, which is a black/white cable to give them a signal to which if the car is moving or not and at what speed to control those units. So if none of the brown/red or brown cable works to tap into, try the black/white cable too.

The brown/red is one type of speed signal while the black/white is a processed speed signal, so one of them should definately work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts