BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Background: My M5 I bought new, from a forecourt - the only possible extra they had over here (UK) that wasn't on it was PDC (it was optional on non-US models until the 2000 facelift (for want of a better word) that came in just after I bought my car).

The situation: Lack of PDC never bothered me - I like to at least kid myself I'm a competent driver (and parker) - until I got the 7 series, which is a *big* car for the *tiny* parking spaces at client sites etc. PDC is a Godsend there.

Which brings me onto the M5. It's not as big as the seven, yes, but I wouldn't half like PDC. So I phone my local stealership - and let me tell you, they REALLY do rip people off - £980 to retrofit the basic model. I politely left the building.

So I look on some sites, and came across a retro package that has 4 sensors AND the graphical display equivalent that's standard in the 7 series (Basically it has, along with the beeps, a little diagram showing you which sensor(s) is/are coming up to object(s) and how far away they are). £120, plus £75 fitting.

I'm sorry? A *better* system than the stealership, for that price? Made me chuckle fortunately.

I'm having it installed Monday, I'll let you know how good or not it is, and post pics, if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Munky said:
Hi,

I'm having it installed Monday, I'll let you know how good or not it is, and post pics, if anyone else is interested.
hi munky,

very much interested, pics please asap... we may be keeping the beast longer than i anticipated, and my wife uses it daily!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts