BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted their cars with the rear side sunshades? I am using the lame side sunshades that my wife got at babies-r-us but wanted something more permanent and better looking. I did find some parts for it on a web site but when I emailed my BMW parts shop they said it was not possible. I did find though a guy who did it for his E46 325T.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Osodog said:
I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted their cars with the rear side sunshades? I am using the lame side sunshades that my wife got at babies-r-us but wanted something more permanent and better looking. I did find some parts for it on a web site but when I emailed my BMW parts shop they said it was not possible. I did find though a guy who did it for his E46 325T.

Thanks.
After a quick glance at the ETK, it appears that you will need to replace your rear door panels to get this to work. I'm sure it can be done but it will cost north of $1500 unless you can get the parts used. Good luck.

Also, are you sure the E46 325T had roller blind side sunshades? I know BMW makes clip on rear side sunshades for the E46 (for under $200) but have never heard of roller blinds.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's a ripoff. I considered doing this soon after I got my car but the total cost (most of which was BMW labour) was almost £1500 :crying:

For my E60, I made sure to spec the side & rear shades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts