BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Ag02M5 said:
Anyone attempt this?

I am getting tired of not being able to make it back from home depot without issue. HEHEH.

Let me know if you have and/or what it would take.

Thanks.

Ryan
Not likely but not impossible. First, the rear seats are different. The non-fold down are more rounded in the corners. You would need to remove a lot of sheet metal then brace up the metal seat back. Then all the parts....ahhh, just go buy yourself a junk pickup truck...probably cheaper that way.

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
boostmiser said:
Not likely but not impossible. First, the rear seats are different. The non-fold down are more rounded in the corners. You would need to remove a lot of sheet metal then brace up the metal seat back. Then all the parts....ahhh, just go buy yourself a junk pickup truck...probably cheaper that way.
No, just add a roof rack!! hiha Actually, I think Thule does make a bicycle/ski rack that you could prob adapt to HD runs, but like boostmiser, I don't use my beast for that......
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
There is another way. Add a trailer hitch. I kidd you not. I have actually seen an M5 with one in Northern California. To each his own.

Mark

·
Registered
354 Posts
MAH said:
There is another way. Add a trailer hitch. I kidd you not. I have actually seen an M5 with one in Northern California. To each his own.

Mark
trailer on a M5? Not as bad as a heavily modded RX7 and a C4S I saw once in socal. ouich

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
MAH said:

Mark
That would probably be board member louv's car.....Factory Euro hitch.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Factory Hitch on e39 M5

BMW Factory Hitch on an M5?

Yeah, that would be me!

I imported the parts from Sweden via a fellow board member. There are a few other e39 M5s in Europe with this "mod", and only one other in the US.

For the track:

For Home Despot:

Installation Pictures

:byee55amg

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Factory Hitch on e39 M5

louv said:

Yeah, that would be me!

I imported the parts from Sweden via a fellow board member. There are a few other e39 M5s in Europe with this "mod", and only one other in the US.

For the track:

For Home Despot:

Installation Pictures

:byee55amg
HAHAH.

That is AWESOME. Is that an OEM trailer? :)

That actually is a nice mod and the rear cover doesnt look bad at all.

How much was that?

Ryan

·
Registered
13,103 Posts
Re: Factory Hitch on e39 M5

louv said:

Yeah, that would be me!

One other, although electrics not yet complete! ;)
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
That is a classic! But this would be much better

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
done. I've lowered it and badged it. You might have a little axle hump now.

disclaimer: it was a quick job so be nice

·
Registered
694 Posts
boostmiser said:
That is a classic! But this would be much better

Haha Very Good work! which ///M color is that?? ??????

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Excellent!

I think the trailer color is "Imola Rust".

If anyone wants to donate a set of front e39 wheels, I'd be happy to update and rebuild the trailer. The electrics and wood need replacing anyway.

Sliverstreak... yeah, that's why I have a Pickup. But towing that "older than I am" trailer around behind the Beast was too amusing to resist.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.