BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
toxicfrog said:
I did not think it was possible to swap out without the acompanying ECU.
Its only ever been a factory fit option.
There has to be pressure switches in the brake & clutch lines so that may require switching those including the switches & flyleads as well if indeed this is possible.
Unravelling an engine harness including the part within the passenger compartment & then splice back into your own harness & wrap it again has got to be the most unrewarding ball ache of a job.
I guess I would probably swap the harness from the other car as or just strip the cruise wiring out of the other harness & tape the cruise wiring to the existing harness & splice where reqd.

Horrible job....

It could be possible as you have a donor vehicle.

Good Luck

Farrell

·
Registered
970 Posts
My guess is that the harness is already part of the overall vehicly loom, very much like the EDC or Auto Dimming rearview mirror. There is a part number on the ETK 61.31.1.390.968 which refers to the 'Installation Set Cruise Control'. it says only in conjunction with the Cruise control button. I think it can be done if you can track all the relevant connectors and take the donor parts to be fitted to the touring, ie. ECU, steering wheel stalk etc.

Let us know how you get on? But pesonally, I wouldn't want to see cruise on my car?

farrell said:
I did not think it was possible to swap out without the acompanying ECU.
Its only ever been a factory fit option.
There has to be pressure switches in the brake & clutch lines so that may require switching those including the switches & flyleads as well if indeed this is possible.
Unravelling an engine harness including the part within the passenger compartment & then splice back into your own harness & wrap it again has got to be the most unrewarding ball ache of a job.
I guess I would probably swap the harness from the other car as or just strip the cruise wiring out of the other harness & tape the cruise wiring to the existing harness & splice where reqd.

Horrible job....

It could be possible as you have a donor vehicle.

Good Luck

Farrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts