BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those guys that have replaced the resonators with straight pipes have you noticed any detriment to performance.

I am planning to do this in the next 2 weeks and don't want performance to suffer.

Will it effect the tune?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i did mine, i didnt notice anything. but i was told by eloy that you will lose power, unless its an x pipe. when i went to get an xpipe, they didnt have one in stock so i just did straight pipes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To those guys that have replaced the resonators with straight pipes have you noticed any detriment to performance.

I am planning to do this in the next 2 weeks and don't want performance to suffer.

Will it effect the tune?

I did the resonator removal and secondary de-cat and kept the X pipe. im on the dyno tomorrow so will post results good or bad. It felt better to be honest though.

regards

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the resonator removal and secondary de-cat and kept the X pipe. im on the dyno tomorrow so will post results good or bad. It felt better to be honest though.

regards
Great stuff. I look forward to hearing what difference there is.

Do you have a baseline dyno to compare to?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gents,

Here is my dyno chart from last year. My car was std on 95ron with 35000miles on it.
i will post the dyno results from today as soon as i have done the run.
Please ignore the at crank figures as it was showing over 600bhp :dunno:, my best was 422 at the wheels.
i wonder if my mods have given me anymore horses...........

regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts