BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I made it work today.

I took evetrything apart for the second time and had a closer look. All of the motors worked ok, everything was fine except the hose that comes from the front of the engine whcih is atached to the non return valve. It had melted.

Replaced it with what I had.

I thought the flap was meant to self test with the car off but it doesnt! It only self tests on start up. I was mesingh about for ages thinking why doesnt it work on ignition 2!!

IN the end I gave up and just started the car and to my amazement it worked!

Driving is much smoother now and there is a noticeable difference in torque and over 6000rpm it really pulls hard.

Took me a while but I got there!

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi Cyrus

Good to hear you were able to fix your problem.

You replaced the hose to the front of the engine?

I changed all my hoses except this one? Where does it go to? It seems to go down underneath the front of the exhaust side of the engine? What does it plug into?

Thanks

Brian

Cyrus said:
Yes I made it work today.

I took evetrything apart for the second time and had a closer look. All of the motors worked ok, everything was fine except the hose that comes from the front of the engine whcih is atached to the non return valve. It had melted.

Replaced it with what I had.

I thought the flap was meant to self test with the car off but it doesnt! It only self tests on start up. I was mesingh about for ages thinking why doesnt it work on ignition 2!!

IN the end I gave up and just started the car and to my amazement it worked!

Driving is much smoother now and there is a noticeable difference in torque and over 6000rpm it really pulls hard.

Took me a while but I got there!

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That front hose does not go to the exhaust side. It seems that way I know but thats actually another hose which comes from somewhere else.

This hose goes to the front of the engine just next to the water pump. If you look carefully and trace the hose you'll understand.

It goes to a non return valve and is very hard to change unless you take the radiator out.

If you flap is working then I wouldnt worry about it especially since youve change everything else. Taking everything off again just to change that hose when its probably ok not worth the effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts