BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got my first m5 it's a 2002. The car came with uuc by corsa axle back exhaust. But it is too quiet for me. If I remove the resonator and put a x-pipe in will the car be raspy? If so any good recommendation on aftermarket resonators. I live in the US so borla, bassani, and flowmaster will be easiest to get.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have an E60. but everyone in our worlds say under no circumstance do you remove the resonator. bad drone and loss of torque instantly felt.

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an E39 with the muffler and resonator delete. It drones all the time. I can't wait to put the resonator back on. I bought it this way and don't know why you would ever want to remove the resonator for everyday street use.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey I just got my first m5 it's a 2002. The car came with uuc by corsa axle back exhaust. But it is too quiet for me. If I remove the resonator and put a x-pipe in will the car be raspy? If so any good recommendation on aftermarket resonators. I live in the US so borla, bassani, and flowmaster will be easiest to get.
Yes the x-pipe in place of resonators on an rear muffler delete will produce drone and raspiness at higher rpm. At a minimum you will want to keep central resonators in the system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's what I figured. I will probably just leave it the way it is. The corsa doesn't sound to bad

·
Registered
679 Posts
Been there and done that

I purchased my M5 with the resonators deleted. With The Scorpion exhaust it was not too bad. With the newly installed Dinan exhaust it is bad. looking for Resonators now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a straight pipe from RPI and no drone, plus I gained HP and Torque.
Mine was a F10 M5.
Just go to your local Mechanic and ask him to remove it for you and put together some piping to replace it.
If your not to happy, ask him to weld it back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts