BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello M5Board members,

I am in need of some assistance for some fault codes that I cannot seem to find any threads or discussions for.
I have searched on Google and the forums and cannot find any clear answer to what the fault codes mean.

I have the following codes:

Codes from Rheingold

> Code 000035 / DME: Interface, electric fan:
- Is this resolved by changing the 50 amp fuse in the glove box? I will be checking it shortly but would like to know which fan this is related to.
Some threads point to the auxiliary fan while others state it is an internal temperature sensor.

> Code 0000CF / DME: Misfiring, cylinder 3 without cylinder cutout:
- Before I purchase TPS sensors, could anyone point out how I would go about determining the cause of the misfire?
I will be replacing the spark plugs and fuel filter shortly.

> Code 0000D2 / DME: D5 Misfiring, cylinder 6 without cylinder cutout:
- Same as above.

> Code 000095 / DME: Fault with empty tank:
- The previous owner stated they replace the fuel pumps already. I cannot confirm if they have done so or not but the car does not have a "Service Engine Soon" light on.
It starts up fine but I can tell that there is some sort of misfire as I can hear it.

> Code 000033 / IHKA: Inside-sensor fan:
- Is this related to the e-box fan? I just purchased one and will be replacing it shortly.

> Code 000002 / LRA: Sensor fault, front:
- Headlight aim sensor? My headlights have a broken adjuster arm so I believe this would be the culprit.

> Code 00005D / GM: Central-locking drive, driver's door:
- Driver door lock actuator. I purchased one already and will be replacing it shortly.

Codes from BMW Scanner PA Soft 1.4.1

> DME ->
- 35/42 - Interface, electric fan
- CF/84 - Misfire, cylinder 3, without cylinder cutout
- D2/84 - Error number D2
- 95/82 - Fault with empty tank

> EWS ->
- 0F/25 - Power on reset

> A/C ->
- 33/02 - Sensor blower

> IKE ->
- BF/88 - Internal fault, EEPROM checksum, coding incorrect/imcomplete

> ZKE ->
- 5D/09 - Central locking mechanism defective, driver's door
- 31/01 Wiper motor blocked, reset contact, wiper relay
*My wipers will not stop when activated... Is this caused by the wiper relay?

> BMBT ->
- 0B/1F - Connector monitor UB, open circuit
- 01/01 - Watchdog reset

> LRA ->
- 02/3F - Error front sensor

- End

I recently started up my car after having it sit for quite some time and all of a sudden when I moved the vehicle, I pressed on the brakes and it wouldn't stop. The brake pedal went completely to the floor. Luckily, I was merely moving it slowly. From that moment on, I searched around and found that it could be a faulty ABS module although the trifecta light has not appeared up until today. I guess I will be looking for someone to repair the module. If anyone has any recommendations in the Los Angeles, CA area or elsewhere, please let me know.

Thank you very much to those who can offer some assistance. I have read numerous threads but unfortunately cannot find a definite answer.
I do not have much time being a father of 2 young children and am hoping much of the problems at hand can be resolved myself.

Thank you once again and Happy Early Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,531 Posts
35 - Auxiliary fan

Misfires - many possible causes. How old the spark plugs? Has VANOS solenoid maintenance been done?

The empty tank code is likely a lean O2 sensor reading and probably related to the misfiring. Fuel trim reading would be good to do. Also replace your fuel filter and measure fuel pressure at the filter before and after.

33 - That's a small fan inside the HVAC control unit in the cabin.

02 - The sensor is mounted to the axle.

Clear all your codes and then see what comes back. Tackle one problem at a time in order of importance.

Good luck!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
35 - Auxiliary fan

Misfires - many possible causes. How old the spark plugs? Has VANOS solenoid maintenance been done?

The empty tank code is likely a lean O2 sensor reading and probably related to the misfiring. Fuel trim reading would be good to do. Also replace your fuel filter and measure fuel pressure at the filter before and after.

33 - That's a small fan inside the HVAC control unit in the cabin.

02 - The sensor is mounted to the axle.

Clear all your codes and then see what comes back. Tackle one problem at a time in order of importance.

Good luck!
Thank you for responding to my thread. I've gone ahead and cleared all the codes and will begin to monitor them closely.

The beast was just purchased from the original owner and no major maintenance items were done to the vehicle aside from regular oil changes and services by the BMW dealer.

I purchased about $3000 worth of parts to bring the car up to date on maintenance. I will update this thread once I've completed them all.

I will try to snap some photos and possibly record some videos as well to create a DIY for other fellow M5 owners.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Hello M5Board members,
]

-

- End

I recently started up my car after having it sit for quite some time and all of a sudden when I moved the vehicle, I pressed on the brakes and it wouldn't stop. The brake pedal went completely to the floor. Luckily, I was merely moving it slowly. From that moment on, I searched around and found that it could be a faulty ABS module although the trifecta light has not appeared up until today. I guess I will be looking for someone to repair the module. If anyone has any recommendations in the Los Angeles, CA area or elsewhere, please let me know.

Thank you very much to those who can offer some assistance. I have read numerous threads but unfortunately cannot find a definite answer.
I do not have much time being a father of 2 young children and am hoping much of the problems at hand can be resolved myself.

Thank you once again and Happy Early Thanksgiving!
The brakes have a hydraulic issue (leak somewhere), not an ABS control module issue. When you have a leak or run low on fluid and get air in the lines, the fluid has nothing to compress without resistance (air) so the pedal goes to the floor. If you give a couple of quick pumps and it comes up, that confirms it is hydraulic.

The brake reservoir is under the driver's side cabin filter inside the engine bay by the firewall. First thing to check.

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: STEEZYM5
1 - 4 of 4 Posts