BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i decided to change my brake fluid some where out of of the BMW service center since they wanted me to keep my car with them for 2 days for God knows what reason. So i got the job done at this proffesional place in 2 hours, but but but they were not able to reset the service info. Its annoying how everytime i switch onn the car it says service due and the fluid has been changed.. Im sure we can crack in to the I drive and reset the date of the service interval somehow.. any suggestions ?? :1zhelp:

·
1,764 Posts
Sorry I don't have a suggestion on how to reset your service light, but what is the problem with letting the BMW service center have your car? They probably want to update the s/w too, as several new versions have been released that have at least on my M6 have improved the shifting of the tranny and access speed of the idrive. These updates depending on what level you are currently at, can take quite a while. Though you may be worried of over riding your Kellener chipping, but that should be able to be updated afterwards anyway.

:cool2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts