BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my cabin filters in my 06 M5 and I need to reset the service indicator. I looked up instructions on You Tube but all I found was 5 Series info which didn't work for my M5.
I also need to reset my oil service but the instruction but be the same for both from what I gather. :dunno:

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link but it is not working for me and I don't know why. I just changed my oil and my micron filters. When I press and hold the odometer I get the service triangle but when I release to press it again per the directions in that thread nothing happens. Any one else having this issue? It seems like I cannot get into the reset menu for some reason.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got it!
I did add in a step that isn't listed below. I had to hit the iDrive button when I had the service triangle appear in the dash, besides that everything worked per the directions.

To give credit where credit is due, I got it from this guy and his thread:
Jackrules from bimmerfest.com

I was changing my Micro-filter, but you can do it for all the things like oil changes and smogs and brake pads and such. NOTHING is done via the iDrive, it is all done using the odometer reset button near the speedometer.

Follow these directions very closely

1. Put your key in the ignition and press the starter button, ( without foot on break ) all your warning lights should come on on the dash board.. P-Brake, Check Engine, etc.

2 Push your odometer reset button near the speedometer so your trip odometer goes to zero. ( this step is important )

3. Take key out of ignition

4. (Repeat step one), press start button, without foot on break, so all the warning lights come on again.

5. Quickly press the odometer reset button, and hold it for 5-10 seconds until an exclamation point, or icon for different service comes up. It will show up in between the speedometer and the tach. The micro filter comes up first for me. ( You can see a glossary of service icons in the service part of your iDrive )

6. To switch between service icons, quickly release and press the odometer button until the desired icon comes up.

7. To reset the service time, once on the desired icon, press and hold the odometer reset button for another 5-10 seconds and the milage under the icon should reset.

Now your done!

Reactions: BigWig and gniruoT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts