BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is another thread teaching you how to reset the service light, I went step by step and coudln't get it done.

My brake pad has been replaced but the service indicator light came on. Front and Rear brake pad.

I can get to the service menu through the small display on the cluster, but when I hold the reset button on the screen it saids ok.
I don't see the reset on the screen instead I see a ok

My handbrake light is on because of that. Any one went through the same situation ? How to solve it.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you ever figure out this problem from last year? I'm pulling my hair out with the same issue, in that I get "OK" popping up instead of "reset". Sensors are brand new and from the $tealer.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you ever figure out this problem from last year? I'm pulling my hair out with the same issue, in that I get "OK" popping up instead of "reset". Sensors are brand new and from the $tealer.

Thanks in advance!

Rick
Hiya mate!
The link in the previous post works providing all the doors are shut!
Let me know how you get on!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Me too..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took my car in to the shop for the reset, and they got it done in under 5 min.
The reason this can happen is if you try to reset the service light WITHOUT actually doing the service (in this case, changing the rear pads)
For now though, you have no choice but to take the car in to the shop, as you cant get rid of the lights without a computer/tools at this point. But for future reference, when a service light pops up in the idrive, complete the service, then the reset should be problem-free.
hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts