BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the micro filter replacement. Ordered the cheapy one from the bay @ $20. Looks good quality, I'll let you know how my lungs do later.

I got instructions from another thread, but for those who are worried here is what the pictures look like when peforming the reset.

I got it!
I did add in a step that isn't listed below. I had to hit the iDrive button when I had the service triangle appear in the dash, besides that everything worked per the directions.

To give credit where credit is due, I got it from this guy and his thread:
Jackrules from bimmerfest.com

I was changing my Micro-filter, but you can do it for all the things like oil changes and smogs and brake pads and such. NOTHING is done via the iDrive, it is all done using the odometer reset button near the speedometer.

Follow these directions very closely

1. Press the START button, and make sure things power on but not actually starting the car.

2 Push your odometer reset button for a few seconds and you will see the "!" popup in the center. See below:

3. You'll see the first item popup (for me it was the microfilter icon), let go of the button press it again quickly to enter it. See below:

4. Since I wanted to reset my micro filter, I just pressed it again for a few seconds until it asks me if I wanted to reset. See below:

5. Just confirm by letting go of the button and pressing it again for a few seconds. Once completed, it will show the next interval. See below:

That's pretty much it to get the micro filter reset. Now that's it, and iDrive shows it all happy:

For other things, just scroll through them by pressing the button quickly. Hold down the button to enter, and then hold down again to reset.

I can't remember if the odo has to be at zero or not...

·
Registered
985 Posts
I can see where this will be useful. Thank you. It will save me a trip to the stealer.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, I was contemplating purchasing the OEM BMW micro filters, but I ended up trying the cheapy ebay ones for $18 or whatever. They look the same, but you'll save lots by DIY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No problem, I was contemplating purchasing the OEM BMW micro filters, but I ended up trying the cheapy ebay ones for $18 or whatever. They look the same, but you'll save lots by DIY.
Some of the cheaper cabin filters sold on eBay - the white ones - don't include activated charcoal to filter large organic compounds - i.e. odors: best to buy the grey ones with charcoal.:biggrin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

I recently changed my microfilters on it's interval and reset via the iDrive. Now it states the next interval is 1500 miles. I am sure it can't be this soon between interval's???

Vik

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm fairly certain you need to first reset your trip computer to zero for all of this to work. Or at least that's what I was instructed to do and did with my '07 550i and all worked as you described above.

·
Registered
11 Posts
jus says ok

I follow the instructions above but it does not work any ideas I just did a rear brake change myself on my baby and I'm trying to reset the service light but it will not resets when I go to the menu and hold the button it just says OK I didn't ask if I want to reset anyone ever experienced this

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks guys! Just did this and it was easy. I wish I knew this trick three years ago.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did not find a menu to reset the filters only. I didn't find the reset service interval. Is there a different menu I need to be looking for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for posting this, worked perfectly for me to reset the micro filter and brake fluid...but I did notice it would not work until I reset the trip odometer to zero. Also, pressing the start button once and did not work, press twice with foot off the brake so car won't start so the dash lights up then no problems.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I follow the instructions above but it does not work any ideas I just did a rear brake change myself on my baby and I'm trying to reset the service light but it will not resets when I go to the menu and hold the button it just says OK I didn't ask if I want to reset anyone ever experienced this
Same here, for some reason the brake messages can't be reset like the others. Does anyone know if brake service interval be erased with INPA, or do you have to use DIS? Just installed DIS last night and am hoping to try it out today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts