BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does our cars adapt on how hard do you drive them??? because i normally dont even get up to 3k..today i drive it hard and i noticed the car slower than when i hit it up...does our car adapt to the driving?? should i reset the DME so it learn my new driving habits (will drive it hard)

also can a bad fuel filter cause this? or what does the a bad filter cause??

thanks

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
speak to Wayne at powerchip.. I think he has some experience with these things... from a dme programming point of view anyway.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I dunno--the old Merc trick was to put the key to the #2 position, hold the gas pedal in for 10 minutes, turn it off, pull key out, and start it (DME thinks the car was going WOT for 10 minutes and adjusts accordingly).

I don't think this will do anything, but the only thing you have to lose is 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Oh, when you do it, make racing sounds and pretend to turn the steering wheel. I think you have to do this in order for the DME to reset....

...joking about that part, but worth a shot at what I posted previously.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my previous car was an E55 to reset the tranny DME to adapt to driving style was put key pos 2 hold pedal for 10seconds turn off and wait 2 mins..it really work...i just want to know if our car has this

·
Registered
936 Posts
I recall that if you disconnect the battery for 30 minutes + it will reset everything - then go for a drive and trash it :M5launch:

The fuel filter can cause (in extreme cases) the engine to misfire, particulary at higher rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts