BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I would want to confirm that the piston coating is compatible with the alusil cylinder wall surface.

Do you know of an engine builder that can recondition the M5 block to a factory spec alusil surface?

I have not heard of that capability being available in NA. You may need to go sleeved.

Other than Troy I do not know who else can sleeve an M5 block and provide a warranty to boot.

I think you are looking at an expensive undertaking.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Sorry Hasan but not heard of this stroker before.

There area few shops that know how to work on the M5 block as I had mine cleaned up with my engine build.

Reactions: Hasan Shaikh
T

·
0 Posts
I can send you a fully sleeved block if interested. It is the only way I would recommend running the stroker. It is about $3,300 to have this done ~ my cost ~ which is why our strokers are costly.

As far as the parts, Tom is a good guy and makes a quality kit there.

Dinan's rotating assembly is around the same cost as that one, and ours is a little higher in cost.

Take that $10k, add $3k in sleeves, a new Vanos pump and solenoids and bearings are another $4,000. You are up to $17,000 excluding the core motor, excluding actually building the motor and tuning and installing.

Not to mention the R&D which costs the most money of all to make sure t works.

This is why when I tell someone I am selling a stroker for $22,000 or $24,000 installed they say I am nuts because dinan charges $50k & they require your perfect core motor in exchange

·
Registered
459 Posts
There are complaints about this company.

I was about to order a stroker kit, sent an Aussie friend to see their shop. Shop was closed during day time.

I would stick to a well-known tuner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts