BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone have pictures of OEM style rims that have been refinished with a darker color?

I'm getting my wheels refinished and I'd like to get them a little darker than stock. I don't want to go black, but I've seen some shadowy grey wheels that I think would look better on my car (tinted windows, black grilles/diffuser). My car is LMB, but all colors are welcome for pics!

Thanks!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Trust me man...you cannot go wrong with darker chrome shadow finish. It will however look weird if you go too light.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well here are mine, I asked for slightly darker than stock. I think they've come out only just darker if not stock looking anyway! But you could use them as a reference:

All-2.JPG

All-5.JPG

Close.JPG

Front(Rear).JPG

·
Registered
798 Posts
I believe you have your answer. A shade darker than OEM is the way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Perfect timing. Just finished detailing my carbon black beast w/ freshly re-finished stock wheels by The Wheel Medic of Columbus Ohio. I have an full size spare I didn't get re-finished, that's factory shadow chrome, and it's very distinctly LIGHTER colored.

I love my re-finished rims, but I'll be one of the few who thinks the factory finish might look slightly better when put side by side.

Give me a few minutes to snap some photos and post a thread on the detailed beast :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
A better pic? They look darker in real life to the first two pics I posted, more like the pic in the garage.
IMG_2160.JPG

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
A couple of shades darker than OEM shadow chrome...

Overcast skies and slightly dirty...

Reactions: TommeH
1 - 12 of 12 Posts