BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the coding codes GM, SA and VN from a M5 build after 2002 with standard TCU.
You can find them in INPA in IKE and EWS, function button F3 (coding).

I have replaced my BIT2 module for an ULF (TCU in the US) and now I am not able to change key settings anymore in DIS and Progman because of a missing/not responding BIT2 module.
I cannot use my own GM code, because this does not include the ULF option (available from 09-2002 on). I have tried to remove the telephone function in SA and did a recode, but that did not work.

Support for trying to solve this issue is highly appreciated :smile

Thanks,

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am using BMW decoder which is telling me what options are applied with your SA (Sondern Ausrusting).
So I need a new GM code, because this is linked with the options you have in SA. My GM code cannot be used to select the ULF option. Therefore I need a GM from a M5 build after 2002

·
Registered
224 Posts
OK, so when I added a ULF to my car it wasn't part of the original spec and although it allowed the phone to connect to the car and appeared in my nav screen menu I couldn't activate voice recognition because it wouldn't show up in NCS expert or Inpa. I managed to change the ZCS keys so I could find and code it with NCS Expert.

I used a program called Zeko to add the ULF change to the ZCS keys and it works perfectly now. Zeko doesn't seem to be publicised very much and that maybe because you can obviously screw your car if you change your ZCS keys incorrectly.

I've attached the coding options and choosing the right one is half the challenge, also a walk through of the ZCS process in case you're not fully aware of what it can do.

View attachment SA OptionCodes.pdf
View attachment 06 Vehicle Coding Information.pdf

I'm not sure how to attach the .exe for Zeko,

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
But are you able to change key settings in DIS or Progman ? My ULF is also working flawlessly, but I am not able to change key stings due to a missing BIT2 module.
If you can change the key setting, could you please be so kind to send me your coding codes by PM ? I like to study the differences between your codes and my codes.

Those are no launch codes, so cannot be abused in any way :wink

I have found ZEKO, will see what this does.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I assume that nobody wants to send me their codes or all the late 2002 and 2003 models are vaporised?

If you are afraid that those are some kind of launch codes, DON'T :frown

Just want them to do some testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts