BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently moved to Morristown, NJ and not familiar at all with area. Need to find a place to get my E60 M5 serviced. Also looking at doing some upgrading (exhaust system, potentially tuning). Really looking for fair prices (not cheapest) and more importantly someone that knows what they are doing with these cars. I have been burned in the past with shops telling me they know what they are doing with M cars and then the work never getting done because they dont have a clue or cant even read the codes. I work near New Bruinswick and fly out of EWR often so those areas are good options for service as well. Any Guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Come to Bergen imports in cliffside park nj they're on palisades avenue not sure of the exact address though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm a little east of you (South Orange), but I would highly recommend George of ///Mchanics - he's located in Valley Stream, NY (Long Island)...about 45 mins from me. He goes by M5Deamon here on the board. Awesome guy, extremely trustworthy, BMW trained master technician - he's also an authorized dealer/installer for Evolve. He did a lot of work on my car last year (headers, race cats, full suspension, tune) and honestly it's never run better. He's a little far for general maintenance, but for anything other than that he's well worth the trip. You said it well, many people say they have the experience and don't. That's why for me, anything I can't do myself she goes off to George.

If you're looking for someone more local, I have heard good things about Elite Motors in Lodi but have no personal experience with them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just moved Far Hills, not to far away from you. I still go to AutoCouture in Fair Lawn. I used them. For everything when I lived in that area. I haven't found any other shop around here. They've done everything from service to upgrades for me. Headers, exhaust, Evolve tune, coilovers and more. It's a little out of the way, but worth it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm a little east of you (South Orange), but I would highly recommend George of ///Mchanics - he's located in Valley Stream, NY (Long Island)...about 45 mins from me. He goes by M5Deamon here on the board. Awesome guy, extremely trustworthy, BMW trained master technician - he's also an authorized dealer/installer for Evolve. He did a lot of work on my car last year (headers, race cats, full suspension, tune) and honestly it's never run better. He's a little far for general maintenance, but for anything other than that he's well worth the trip. You said it well, many people say they have the experience and don't. That's why for me, anything I can't do myself she goes off to George.
I completely agree. George at MChanics is the only one I trust with my M5. He is an excellent technician who treats your car as if it was his own. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

If you're looking for someone more local, I have heard good things about Elite Motors in Lodi but have no personal experience with them.
George is great, we HIGHLY recommend him!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Theres a great BMW shop in Franklin Lakes called Bergen Autowerks. One of the owners Anthony, was the shop foreman at Prestige BMW for years. 941 Franklin Ave Franklin Lakes,NJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts