BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California and I am thinking about purchasing a 2002 M5 from BMW of Nashville. My contact person's name is Charles Jess. Has anyone had dealings with this dealership? With this salesman? Reputable or once they have your money, they forget who you are? Mr, Jess says it will cost $3,000 to ship the car to my front door. Is this excessive?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Alan A, on this website, has dealt with him, and I have dealt with Larry Barbro, and the GM, Russel Stover---it's a good dealership. I've dealt w/both Russel & Larry when they used to be at the Mercedes store here in Nashville---you'll be OK.
As far as the shipping price, you can shop that one yourself!!!--Or, c'mon down, and drive her back---I've made that drive many times---I-40 straight to Ca, hook up w/15 S. It's 2000 miles to Hollywood.
I paid $750 to ship my MB from Jacksonville to Nashville, in an enclosed truck.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dennis,

Welcome to the Board! Where are you in CA ? I live in Danville, just East of Oakland in Contra Costa County.

Noticed you are considering ordering a 2002. If you are at all interested in a 2001, Charlie told me that there was only one person on the M5 list at Nashville. I believe he said it would be approx 90 days order - delivery.

I agree with Aces' statements. I have found the dealership to be reputable, and Charlie to be very knowledgeable and informative. I found out about Charlie from a fellow named Michael Schuler in Santa Barbara. I contacted him re a Yahoo add, but he had decided to keep his car. He gave me Charlie's name and number, I called Better Business Bureau, called Charlie 5/23/00 liked what I heard and put a deposit down. I ordered 01/25/01 and my car will be in Nashville this week!

Charlie has been great communicating with mailed literature, phone calls, e-mails, Faxes of BMW Product Bulletins at Model Year Change, Computer prints of Order Status etc.
I am very happy with his level of service.

As far as transport goes there are many options. There are a ton of carriers listed in Hemmings, other auto publications and on the Net. Costs of delivery can vary greatly. Personally, I'm going with Charlie's associate for the following reasons:

1. I don't have time to drive it out.
2. His associate drives a 2-car enclosed, climate controlled rig and is fully Bonded and Insured.
3. I value Charlie's recommendation.
4. M Schuler paid about $ 2.5K to Santa Barbara last year, I don't mind the extra cost over other carriers for the level of service.

Good luck with your choice...hope this is somewhat helpful. Keep us posted on your order progress.

Regards....

------------------
Alan

2001 M5 (Ordered Jan 25th!)
1981 M535i
1967 Ferrari 330 GTC

[This message has been edited by Alan A (edited 01 April 2001).]

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Dennis,

I am sure if your willing to out of stsate you could have a MY2001. As far as the shipping goes, $3k is way too much. I shipped my MY2000 from Virgina Beach, VA to Irvine, CA in an enclosed truck with papered care by Passport Transport for $1475. Great company and fully insured and bonded. You can ship for about $875 coast to coast in an open truck if you do not mind the elements for a couple of days.

You can get the car way sooner than a MY2002 if you want it. I had a dealer call me from New Jersey on Thursday with an allocation and delivery for June of this year.

Mark

ps:where in CA are you?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by MAH:
As far as the shipping goes, $3k is way too much. I shipped my MY2000 from Virgina Beach, VA to Irvine, CA in an enclosed truck with papered care by Passport Transport for $1475. Great company and fully insured and bonded. B]

Mark :

After reading your post I think I should check out some ther options (which I have not at this point - stupid I guess!)

1. How long did it take you to set up the ride with Passport and get the car out here?

2. How many cars come in their trucks?

3. Any cars "Over" the others like open carriers?

4. Do you happen to have a web address or phone # handy?

I haven't gotten a quote from Charlie's Associate yet, but saving $ 1-1.5 K sounds like something I shouldn't over look.

Thanks in advance for the "Heads Up".

Regards...

------------------
Alan

1981 M535i
1967 Ferrari 330 GTC

[This message has been edited by Alan A (edited 02 April 2001).]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mark:

Just trying some computer stuff.....

If this copy works, is this your company?

37 Progress Parkway
Saint Louis, Missouri 63043

800-325-4267
314-878-5777
fax: 314-878-7295

Passport Transport is the official carrier for the RM North American Classic Car Auction circuit. Click Here for more information

Will check out their site this evening. Would appreciate you feedback on my questions though.

Anyone else who has used this company out there???

Take care....

****EDIT****Don't know why the clickable address didn't show up !?! END EDIT*****

------------------
Alan

1981 M535i
1967 Ferrari 330 GTC

[This message has been edited by Alan A (edited 02 April 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Alan A
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing