BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

||| Republic Wraps | Venom - Widebody E60 M5 | Headlights and Tail Lights Project |||

20K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  piobag 
#1 · (Edited)
I know a lot of you are probably wondering why I’m still modding Venom if the car is listed for sale…the simple truth is….I just can’t seem to stop LOL; especially with Bimmerfest and MFEST around the corner during the time these mods were in progress. Here’s a detailed write-up of the work that went behind this build.

After brainstorming with Chris C. @ Republic Wraps | Republic Werkz about how we can raise the bar on the LCI game using Venom as the arsenal, we came to a decision that the headlights would be killer if done in gloss black to tie it to the other gloss black accents on the car (side mirror bases, roof, fender grills and kidney grills) while color matching the low beam rings to alpine white. They also upgraded the unit to have the Orion V4 halo rings. The icing on the cake was the clear quad projector set-up that replaced the corner lights.

The tail light mod got a little tricky in terms of options. Since much of the modded E60 tails I’ve seen recently encompassed some sort of “black-out” appearance, I wanted to stay away from the norm as far as I could. Thus, Chris had the idea of color matching the side marker (upper portion) to the color of the car. 2 layers of candy clear coat were later applied to give it that shine like Mother’s.

Before:

After:

Comparison:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of Venom at Bimmerfest and MFEST to show off the newest mods courtesy of Republic Wraps | Republic Werkz. You’ll also notice the new BBKs from Rotora (8 pot 405mm front and 4 pot 380mm rear) plus some new shoes provided by Ace Alloy Wheels.
Props to Scott Chu, Toby Ullman and Brian McGee for these photos.

All in all, the outcome was nothing short of stellar. Although they had their hands full at the time, Chris reassured me that my order would still be completed in time for both shows. The customer service, as you probably know, was second to none as Chris C. was always quick to address any questions or concerns I had regarding the build whether via phone, text, email or even in person. The turn around time was definitely impressive given that these required more work than others as it was a 1 of 1 project.

I would just like to thank Chris Cunningham and the entire team at RWC for the excellent product, but more importantly, remarklable customer satisfaction they provided me with.

Be sure to contact them for your next project: https://www.facebook.com/republicwraps

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

#3 ·
reserved

#4 ·
Wow benjo looks unbelievable love it man.!

#12 ·
Thanks brotha! I have to admit, these recent mods made it MUCH more difficult to part with the car LOL

Great job!

I love how these little mods can make such a huge improvement in looks!

- Antti -
Thanks Antti...I agree with you 100%. It's amazing how something small/minor can change the entire appearance of the car.

interesting....but I like the older wheels better on this car.
They were hard to part with, but the split 5 spokes do a better job of exposing the BBKs. It was hard to see thru the thick mesh the Varrstoens had.

Nicely done Benjo. I guess you are not selling your car huh? Can't be selling it if you keep spending more money on mods. hahaha
Funny you mention that as I actually have a buyer from Irvine that's coming to see the car this week. His E46 M3 was rear ended last week and he's waiting for the check to get cut kinggf we'll see

Very nice Benjo! Lights came off flawlessly like the rest of the car. Chris and crew do amazing work!
That they do!!! :goldcup: Thanks for the kind words

those Ace Alloys look good on your car.
:cheers:

#14 ·
thanks man! the fellas and I work really hard but above all just try to have fun with it and create some cool $h!t in the process lol.

crazy busy these days but thats a good problem to have, right? shoot me a PM if anyone is interested in doing some custom mods...

Benjo, thank you for allowing me to work on your car man! a little over a year ago i was in detroit drooling over your widebody build and project in general, its amazing to be able to contribute something to it! :)

#15 ·
Everything about the car is absolutely amazing! I love it!

#17 ·
Clean as a whistle. Checked it out a lot at MFest this year haha.

#19 ·
waaaaw

good job

#22 ·
looks good

#23 ·
Hi there, this is my first post on this forum so I'd like to say hi to everybody. I was looking through internet for an angel eye rings for BMW E60 and I found m5board.com and this post. This mod is amazing and the lights looks much better than originals. I live in Ireland and there is nobody who can make such mod hire also posting my headlamps to US would be too expensive and will take too much time. So hire is my question, would any of you be able to help me with my project? I need few info.

- where can I buy orion rings or similar. On internet there are only sets for E46, what ring sized do I need?
- where can I buy lens mod?
- hat vinyl wrap can I use to cover the rings?
- I have version with fins on the side, do you know how to make them glow in white?
- what silicone or glue is the best? what can you recommend? Hire is Ireland weather conditions are different and I don't want my headlights to get foggy.

I did try to send pm to umichchris but I'm not able to do this yet.
I would be very thankful for your help. Can I buy anything from this forum members? Can you recommend any shop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.