BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1101 - 1108 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
looking for the actual tune. Even though I can't get into CAPPL to add the auxinput I can get into the other modules so I think my danten files are current.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
if you have the E60 SPDaten then just do the import in winkfp that's the only way it'll work in comfort mode. It's a few gig so it makes transferring a bit hard.

If you want to do expert mode the 0da and 0pa could just fall in your lap if you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks everyone for the helpful posts. I'm trying to make sure I've got all the latest info correct on doing the Euro tune on my own 06 SMG III. The earliest posts all involved downloading and installing individual files from torrents that seem to be hard to find now - Am I correct in assuming that if I have the BMW Coding Tools V3 VM and WinKFP loaded with the latest datens, then all I need to do is flash ZUSB 7842206 in WinKFP, and that's it?

I've already poked around in winKFP and do see this ZB number is already there. I've used WinKFP before to flash my iDrive controller. So is this really all I need to do? Will use a decent power supply too, of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have a regular obd cable or the bimmergeeks cable?
Decided I had read enough and went ahead and did the job yesterday. El Cheapo eBay K+DCAN cable over WinKFP running on a Windows VM via my Mac. Took less than 10 minutes, couldn't have been easier. I agree with some of the other posts on here - it could have easily been done without an external power supply as long as your battery is in good shape. I used a second car and jumper cables though, just to be sure.

Spent about 30 minutes total driving since completing the flash. Definitely a different feel. Can't wait until I get a chance to really spend some time behind the wheel to sort out my opinions.

1101 - 1108 of 1108 Posts