BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone from Austin TX have any experience with reprogramming would like to do this to my 2010 M5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
My mechanic and I did this tonight. Its amazing how much of a difference this makes!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like it only thing I don't like is the start off in D2 gets annoying as the car bucks if you don't remember to have it in 1

Mine starts in D1 (the shift timing thingy)and does buck or just drift when switching from reverse if i froget to change it. Small price to pay for the added benefits of cleaner shifts and improved launch control.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Update, these appear to be relevant Daten files, i found them today with a google search. They aren't mine so I cant vouch for them, if anyone else can verify they are or are not correct that would be awesome.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!h48UlKiI!VWXtthp41iwK6Z5sPjFGCA

I have downloaded my latest daten files from there and they seemed to work when i was programming my aux input

·
Registered
672 Posts
Anyone in Denver, Co on this thread that can do this, ill pay you for your time, lunch too! Let me know! Thanks!
Beau 720-838-95 ten

·
Registered
12 Posts
I successfully re-flashed the SMG control module on my 2007 M6 a few days ago, so I thought I would post my experience here.

After reading this thread, I made sure to have a good power supply for the effort.

I Purchased a TEKPOWER TP50SW 50 Amp 9-15 Volt power supply from Amazon, it has adjustable voltage, I set it to 14 Volts for this session.

I followed the procedure from the PDF that the OP linked to and used the Euro Part Number listed for the M6 (Version 3).

I received the the successfully updated message after completion of the flash.

I verified the software version in INPA, shown below (EGS shows Euro M6 software part number 7842210 installed).

I already had the BMW Software and Cable for use with my E65 ($20 cable from Amazon that has worked great for many years).
The only extra expense for this project was $165 for the power supply, and $20 for the jumper cables used with the power supply.

This update definitely makes a huge difference in shift quality, the old US version of the software was so harsh at times that the rear end of the car would clunk during shifts, I have not had any clunking since the update.

I have also verified the 4K launch control was active, much better than the crippled 1.5K US version.

All in all, definitely worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Subscribing to this thread! I'll be using this guide later ;)

1041 - 1060 of 1108 Posts