BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't see my heads up!

When I'm just cruising I only drive with one hand and I always sit sort of leaned over to the right.. that's just how i'm comfortable..

Is there a way to reposition the heads up display? I was looking for a DIY/tutorial but I guess not too many others have this issue?

^ Up 1-2 Inches
> Right 1-2 Inches

Couldn't find any info on this issue.. Is this a DIY (and easy to do) or would a dealer have to do this for me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I can't see my heads up!

When I'm just cruising I only drive with one hand and I always sit sort of leaned over to the right.. that's just how i'm comfortable..

Is there a way to reposition the heads up display? I was looking for a DIY/tutorial but I guess not too many others have this issue?

^ Up 1-2 Inches
> Right 1-2 Inches

Couldn't find any info on this issue.. Is this a DIY (and easy to do) or would a dealer have to do this for me?

Thanks in advance.
I think someone posted on this a few days ago. Have a look down the bottom of page one and it should be there. Funnily enough, I can see my HUD but I sometimes struggle as I sit low and often lean on the center armrest too. 1" should do it as 2" may mess it up when your sat in you focused driving position.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

good point.. 1in up and over would work best.

I couldn't find any other threads relating to this though. I want to learn more about this before I bring it to the dealer so they can't BS me around..

·
Registered
538 Posts
I can't see my heads up!

^ Up 1-2 Inches
> Right 1-2 Inches

Thanks in advance.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105605&highlight=hud+adjustment

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Do A SEARCH.....god. Go to Will Turners site he shows and tells you how.....

Reactions: drewzMMM

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can't see my heads up!

^ Up 1-2 Inches
> Right 1-2 Inches

Thanks in advance.
Do as I did, go to BMW, they'll fix it. The first dealership I went to, the guy was a jack***, so I went to another dealership, took them 10 min., fixed it at no charge of course. :haha2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I can't see my heads up!

^ Up 1-2 Inches
> Right 1-2 Inches

Thanks in advance.
I feel you on this. Beverly Hills told me it was not adjustable. I am going to try Valencia BMW and see what they do. What is really a big disappointment is that IT IS NOT ADJUSTABLE BY A BUTTON. As all other members said, just keep pushing for it.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I payed for a 100k car and I expect a 100k service level. Screw the DIY I'm going to speak to my s/a and see what he can, I mean.. will do. If this is something that takes bmw 15 minutes then it is complete BS if I get the refusal from them.

Thanks for all the knowledge on this.

And a special thanks to ufh for his superior and outstandng effort!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I feel you on this. Beverly Hills told me it was not adjustable. I am going to try Valencia BMW and see what they do. What is really a big disappointment is that IT IS NOT ADJUSTABLE BY A BUTTON. As all other members said, just keep pushing for it.
Hey bud, not sure if its too far for you, but I ended going to Irvine BMW, and that's where they took care of it. Just in case....

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm getting my HUD adjusted tomorrow at a local dealership in the SFV. I'll let you guys know about the experience. funny thing is i called around and the dealership i got my car from wanted to charge me and the one i'm going to said it would be covered under warranty. perfect example of how a dealership can lose a repeat customer over something small.

·
Registered
728 Posts
just got back from the dealership in calabasas and i have to say i am very happy with my experience. they adjusted my heads up display under warranty @ no charge! service was quick and very professional. The guy who actually did the work on my car seemed just as excited as me! funny thing is i didnt even buy my car from them. the dealership i got my car from wanted to charge me $250 for labor! The drive home after the adjustment was great now i can see everything perfectly even in a relaxed driving position.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just got back from the dealership in calabasas and i have to say i am very happy with my experience. they adjusted my heads up display under warranty @ no charge! service was quick and very professional. The guy who actually did the work on my car seemed just as excited as me! funny thing is i didnt even buy my car from them. the dealership i got my car from wanted to charge me $250 for labor! The drive home after the adjustment was great now i can see everything perfectly even in a relaxed driving position.
looks like you found a good dealer.. good to hear - i'm getting my headsup done soon..

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes the dealership in calabasass just earned my business for my next "M" purchase.
did you just ask them to reposition it, or tell them how far up/left/right?

are there just two settings or can you move the heads up inch by inch?

·
Registered
728 Posts
they had me sit in the car with the technician so that they could see my usual driving position and adjust it. the display ended up about 1" higher than where it was before and it makes a huge difference. i'm only 5'5" so if a 1" adjustment makes a difference for me then to most others it will do the trick for sure. before i went to the dealership i made sure that i educated myself on the turner motorsport website on how to do it so they wouldnt give me some bs story. when my SA mentioned it may take up to 2 hours to complete i told him i think not because it should take only 10 minutes or so and i explained the process so he knew i knew the process. Therefore they covered it under warranty and i am very satisfied with the outcome

·
Registered
210 Posts
Which Dealer do you take it to?

Do as I did, go to BMW, they'll fix it. The first dealership I went to, the guy was a jack***, so I went to another dealership, took them 10 min., fixed it at no charge of course. :haha2:
Which dealer do you take it to and they can do it for FREE, please advise. Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Which dealer do you take it to and they can do it for FREE, please advise. Thanks! :cheers:
Not free, under warranty......

There is no authorized BMW dealer that shouldn't perform work under warranty, if so, report their arse to BMWNA.....

"Free" work (good will) would be at the discretion of the dealer.....

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts