BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recommend where to buy extra spare key fob? When I bought my beast it didn't have a spare key fob. Or am I stuck with going to the stealership to get one?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If you get it from the dealership it'll be all set for your car and basically work. You may need to remove the missing key from the CAS for seat memory and settigns.

There are blanks and programmers from china but that's the hard way , sometimes cheaper isn't worth it.

The other thing is there are only 10 reprogrammed slots for the car so you can only go to the dealership for a key 8 times.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you get it from the dealership it'll be all set for your car and basically work. You may need to remove the missing key from the CAS for seat memory and settigns.

There are blanks and programmers from china but that's the hard way , sometimes cheaper isn't worth it.

The other thing is there are only 10 reprogrammed slots for the car so you can only go to the dealership for a key 8 times.

Bummer thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
e39_415
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing