BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch needs replacing and was wondering if anyone knew a good shop in L.A area thats reasonable. My warranty has recently expired so i gotta pay out of pocket.

thanks

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Ouch,
How many miles do you have on the clutch? and How do you drive it? I'm curious cuz my warranty / maintenance will expire soon and I'm debating on getting extended maintenance.

Call these guys up.
The M Shop. The Ultimate Service machine-MT

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
guys does the clutch requires a tune or flash after the installing ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes it does require a flashing... had my clutch replaced buy BMW down here and was told they would get it back to me in a day...turned out to be a 3 day thing because they had to flash the whole car to accept the clutch cuz it would not fall into gear after the replacement

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
My clutch needs replacing and was wondering if anyone knew a good shop in L.A area thats reasonable. My warranty has recently expired so i gotta pay out of pocket.

thanks
i just saw your post i know its a couple months late but just in case you havent got it done yet try The M Shop in glendale ca its a great place to get out or warranty work done i took my m5 there myself and they did my spark plugs for about half the cost as the stealer quoted me. i also need a new clutch done due to wear and it looks like bmw na isnt going to help me out even though i have a cpo i guess its a wear item. anyway i was quoted a price of 2500 installed and the stealer wants 3500 so yeah i can think of a few things i would like to do with an extra 1000 bucks in pocket like fill my tank once lol good luck bro

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
yes it does require a flashing... had my clutch replaced buy BMW down here and was told they would get it back to me in a day...turned out to be a 3 day thing because they had to flash the whole car to accept the clutch cuz it would not fall into gear after the replacement
was just your clutch that they replaced? also were you out of pocket for the clutch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, my car is currently in the shop because the trans fluid reservoir was leaking and the entire hydraulic system had to be replaced. This was covered by the insurance company of the lady that rear ended me, thank god because this $20 plastic part would have cost me about $5000 due to the design of the system (not interchangable). Anyways, they called me and said since I have the extended 2 year maintenance the clutch would be replaced as well since the transmission was already dropped (2k in labor)....then came back and said that since it was not brought in for that specific problem and still works but is just worn out I would have to pay for the part myself ($850-900). Does anyone know if I can get them to cover this and how? Also, for future purposes, is the clutch plate covered even if the throwout bearing is the cause of it wearing out - under the maintenance plan? Any help is appreciated....

2007 E60 M5 w/ 47,000 miles (warranty expired June 30th)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
guys does the clutch requires a tune or flash after the installing ??
it requires a programming session where the car has to "learn" that there is a new clutch installed. So yeah, sort of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts