BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to take care of the sticking fan clutch ASAP. I also think I may as well update the cooling system while I'm in there. So I am wondering if you guys can recommend a site to find the parts I need. With my previous 5 series I was able to get parts from Pelican, hopefully they have M parts too? So what parts interchange? I heard the 540i fan/clutch is the same? I would also be looking for a thermostat, orings, etc.

On another similar note, where do you guys buy your oil from? I am in need of the 10w-60. Napa doesn't have it...

Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Registered
962 Posts
Reactions: technician117

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does Tischer link to getbmwparts.com? Im on there and Pelican, and pelican has much lower prices. Are the parts from pelican any lower grade than getbmwparts?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Does Tischer link to getbmwparts.com? Im on there and Pelican, and pelican has much lower prices. Are the parts from pelican any lower grade than getbmwparts?
getbmwparts is Tischer's webpage.

Pelican sells Genuine BMW parts, so you can expect the same grade as Tischer (getbmwparts) and your local dealer.

Reactions: Fourced4cyl

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have a bmw parts catalog on my computer at home, its just not able to be updated, which isn't a big deal since the car is a 2000. So I can get part numbers just as easy.

I used Pelican parts for a few items, they seem to have competitive prices. However they are not competitive at all with their price on the TWS! I ended up getting the oil, filter, and fuel filter from a different source.

Reactions: Fourced4cyl

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually have a bmw parts catalog on my computer at home, its just not able to be updated, which isn't a big deal since the car is a 2000. So I can get part numbers just as easy.

I used Pelican parts for a few items, they seem to have competitive prices. However they are not competitive at all with their price on the TWS! I ended up getting the oil, filter, and fuel filter from a different source.
Yeah the TWS is insane. I thought I paid a lot for Mobil 1 for the race car. I will be ordering belts and the such from Pelican. Where did you get your oil?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The problem with buying oil online, is it's heavy so it costs a lot to ship.

I just called my local BMW dealer, asked to speak to the parts manager and asked him to cut me a deal if I bought TWS by the case. He came down to $11.50 a liter, which put my out-the-door cost less than buying online. Worth a phone call anyway :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The thermostat is much cheaper at AutohausAZ.com than from the dealers. I always use Tischer (getbmwparts) unless AutohausAZ is cheaper.

I pickup oil from the dealer for extra quarts, but usually I buy the oil change package from Tischer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The problem with buying oil online, is it's heavy so it costs a lot to ship.

I just called my local BMW dealer, asked to speak to the parts manager and asked him to cut me a deal if I bought TWS by the case. He came down to $11.50 a liter, which put my out-the-door cost less than buying online. Worth a phone call anyway :)
Lothar,

How many bottles comes in a case?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts