BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always had a preference for lighting in the natural/cool range and finally got around to installing a kit. It really makes this white leather come alive (for whatever life it's got left).

Tried going out in to the desert last night away from ambient light but low profile tires, low clearance vehicle, and a bunch of desert tweakers made that difficult. So instead, how about some garage pics lol.

There are probably better kits but I found this one on Amazon for around $30, includes all the interior and license plate/trunk bulbs all the way around. The manufacturer didn't list the color temperature and I'm too lazy at the moment to pull the data sheet on the LEDs but they feel around 5500-6000k. Whole job took about 20 minutes. An assorted fastener/molding pry set is worth its weight in gold.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy. Spent so much time working on the powertrain, driveline, and suspension, now it's time to start spending time on cosmetics!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Definitely worth the $20 to change them all out, did it when I first got the car.

But those down facing door M lights never last long sadly. They get washed out so fast and look like sh*t... Been there done that. Just ended up taking out the M symbol and keeping them as bright LED lights.

Reactions: dan.trainor

·
Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
346 Posts
Looking good! It is super bright! Love the ///M logo cast from the side mirrors. That's super cool. I've noticed the newer BMWs are doing that. I had a 2 series loaner car and even it had the exterior BMW shadow cast from below the side mirrors.

Reactions: dan.trainor

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But those down facing door M lights never last long sadly. They get washed out so fast and look like sh*t... Been there done that. Just ended up taking out the M symbol and keeping them as bright LED lights.
You're not kidding. They were some Amazon replacements and only a year in, the colors have faded quite a bit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You're not kidding. They were some Amazon replacements and only a year in, the colors have faded quite a bit.
Same thing happened to mine that are under the doors. Lasted just about a year and now it's really just projecting a white "M" I assume they are poorly sealed and moisture gets in making it look like trash over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts